Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's worse - being racially vilified or being labelled a rapist?

Apparently the bloke who Eddie was upset with rebutted that he go over to the Collingwood cheer squad and listen to the supporters calling Milne a rapist, hard to argue with that one considering his comments weren't racist.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what Eddie has to say about this 'lady' 11 secs in:

85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

What a delightful woman. She clearly wears a jumper with "*!*!*!*!ing black *!*!*!*!" and white stripes.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    For mine, racism is much worse. Majak had no choice in his skin colour or background, Milne's abuse is a result of something he (allegedly) did or didn't do. Maybe I just feel that way because I doubt his innocence…

I'm not as surprised and shocked as everybody else is though at the bloke saying what he did in Port Melbourne. Now, I am in no way defending what that bloke did or said, I think he should never be allowed at any football match ever again, but with the government and media ramming refugees and boat people down our throats, and idiot bogan shows like ACA or TT showing stories like “Do Lebanese people charge you more for a car in Lakemba if you're white? (last night)” then it's bloody hard to “educate”, especially for the older generations who are starting from much further back. The bloke who abused Daw isn't going to be rehabilitated by attending some government-backed education program, when he gets home to see politicians and “journalists” blaming all of our country's woes on foreigners.

I think it's disgraceful how racist Australia is. Try being an Indigenous Aussie in WA or outback QLD. Try being an Indian student/taxi driver, abused constantly for “taking our jobs”, even though Anglo Aussies don't want to do them. At my company we have Indian employees on tech support, and they are abused every single day by morons who think they've been transferred to Mumbai.

So don't be so shocked when it boils over at a sporting match. We all need to take some responsibility and stand up to these attitudes because our governments or media aren't about to any time soon. People in a democracy get the government they ask for. Next time you vote, don't vote for whoever gives you the most money in your pocket, vote for somebody able to deal with real issues like this one.
    Spot on BAS

Post Thanks / Like

People like her need to stop breeding.

Post Thanks / Like

It's surprising nothing has been made of this. What year was that TCD?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse my ignorance, I pretty much ignored all things AFL last weekend. What actually happened?

Post Thanks / Like

What's worse - being racially vilified or being labelled a rapist?
    Being Stephen Milne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I pretty much ignored all things AFL last weekend. What actually happened?
    At the Pies game, some clown was getting into Andrew Krakhead...er, sorry, Krakouer. Eddie Everywhere took him to task, and was shown on camera having a verbal stoush. Came out and basically accused the bloke of racial abuse against Krakouer. It came to light that the bloke made a comment to "kick him while he's down", which in Eddie's self-centred world, is racial abuse.

At Werribee's VFL game, North-listed Majak Daw was subject to some racial abuse from a spectator, who was thereafter turfed out of the ground, and, I believe, banned for a year (this might not be accurate, I'm willing to be corrected!)...

So, Majak was racially abused, whilst Eddie sooked because someone was mean to one of his players.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    For mine, racism is much worse. Majak had no choice in his skin colour or background, Milne's abuse is a result of something he (allegedly) did or didn't do. Maybe I just feel that way because I doubt his innocence…

I'm not as surprised and shocked as everybody else is though at the bloke saying what he did in Port Melbourne. Now, I am in no way defending what that bloke did or said, I think he should never be allowed at any football match ever again, but with the government and media ramming refugees and boat people down our throats, and idiot bogan shows like ACA or TT showing stories like “Do Lebanese people charge you more for a car in Lakemba if you're white? (last night)” then it's bloody hard to “educate”, especially for the older generations who are starting from much further back. The bloke who abused Daw isn't going to be rehabilitated by attending some government-backed education program, when he gets home to see politicians and “journalists” blaming all of our country's woes on foreigners.

I think it's disgraceful how racist Australia is. Try being an Indigenous Aussie in WA or outback QLD. Try being an Indian student/taxi driver, abused constantly for “taking our jobs”, even though Anglo Aussies don't want to do them. At my company we have Indian employees on tech support, and they are abused every single day by morons who think they've been transferred to Mumbai.

So don't be so shocked when it boils over at a sporting match. We all need to take some responsibility and stand up to these attitudes because our governments or media aren't about to any time soon. People in a democracy get the government they ask for. Next time you vote, don't vote for whoever gives you the most money in your pocket, vote for somebody able to deal with real issues like this one.
    Agree with you mostly, although I don't particularly like slanderous abuse either. Don't think we should stand for either!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    At the Pies game, some clown was getting into Andrew Krakhead...er, sorry, Krakouer. Eddie Everywhere took him to task, and was shown on camera having a verbal stoush. Came out and basically accused the bloke of racial abuse against Krakouer. It came to light that the bloke made a comment to "kick him while he's down", which in Eddie's self-centred world, is racial abuse.

At Werribee's VFL game, North-listed Majak Daw was subject to some racial abuse from a spectator, who was thereafter turfed out of the ground, and, I believe, banned for a year (this might not be accurate, I'm willing to be corrected!)...

So, Majak was racially abused, whilst Eddie sooked because someone was mean to one of his players.
    Thanks Andrew, I was a tad confused by the OP about the $7,000 fine. I assume that was in reference to Mick Malthouse abusing Milne last year? Or did someone get fined last weekend?

Love the youtube video Coon Dog put up. I wonder if Eddie will have words with her??

Post Thanks / Like

The $7k was Malthouse's fine last year. Correct.