Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Hill at the crossroads

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Yeah, may have gone slightly over but I'm done with him. I got more and more frustrated as I was writing with a recurring image of Hill turning away from the mark...
    But the thing is, I distinctly recall him doing this in another game. Can't remember which one. Senility!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I have been called the most blue sky, club-is-always-right, every-player-is-a-star poster on this board.

And I just might be.

Josh Hill should never wear the Tri-Colour again.

There. I said it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I have been called the most blue sky, club-is-always-right, every-player-is-a-star poster on this board.

And I just might be.

There. I said it.
    Im glad you said it. I was contemplating saying it but knew there would be some backlash.
    You on the other hand..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

There. I said it.
    I'm not quite as emphatic as that, although it is pretty apparent he will be dropped this week, and deservedly so. He's had a quiet few weeks and he was somewhat lucky to get re-promoted from the VFL last time. I'm also pretty frustrated with his play, but more frustrated with the team overall.

However, I think the media, and supporters are looking for answers in 2011, and this week Josh has become an easy scape goat. If its not Josh this week, it's Lake and Dimma. The reality of our 2011 situation is more complex and lots of players/coaches/mgmt are responsible.

So I think he's been disappointing and I'd really like to see him develop a hunger and harder edge to his game. I know its maybe against his nature and I'm maybe kidding himself.

But I haven't put a line through him completely yet! The next 10 odd weeks are going to be very long, and if he wants it enough I'm happy to play him.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately Jarrod Grant is heading the same way.
    Higgins next?
    Lake
    See Everritt

We wont have many talented youngsters left.

Some weeks back I was calling for Josh's head and said he should never play again after a similar performance, I reckon he looked away while putting one hand up for a mark on the wing.

I am just starting to wonder if we are doing something very wrong with these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Unfortunately Jarrod Grant is heading the same way.
    Higgins next?
    Lake
    See Everritt

We wont have many talented youngsters left.

Some weeks back I was calling for Josh's head and said he should never play again after a similar performance, I reckon he looked away while putting one hand up for a mark on the wing.

I am just starting to wonder if we are doing something very wrong with these guys.
    Has he lost his passion for the game? When we are losing does he go into his shell? Earlier in the year he played some very good games and looked like he turned it around. He appeared on the Marngrook footy show and was very positive about his footy.

What the hell has gone wrong here?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I'm not quite as emphatic as that, although it is pretty apparent he will be dropped this week, and deservedly so. He's had a quiet few weeks and he was somewhat lucky to get re-promoted from the VFL last time. I'm also pretty frustrated with his play, but more frustrated with the team overall.

However, I think the media, and supporters are looking for answers in 2011, and this week Josh has become an easy scape goat. If its not Josh this week, it's Lake and Dimma. The reality of our 2011 situation is more complex and lots of players/coaches/mgmt are responsible.

So I think he's been disappointing and I'd really like to see him develop a hunger and harder edge to his game. I know its maybe against his nature and I'm maybe kidding himself.

But I haven't put a line through him completely yet! The next 10 odd weeks are going to be very long, and if he wants it enough I'm happy to play him.
    Interesting post. Yes, the media are definately hanging Josh out to dry based on one incident and I actually don't buy into that palaver. My issue is that this is the culmination of seemingly repeated distain for the tri-colour. He has no apparent work-rate, he has turned up previously completely under-done, his second efforts seem non-existent and I just don't see any desire to improve being demonstrated match-day. Good bye Josh and what a tragic waste for both you and our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade p/work lodged - Western Bulldogs exchange Josh Hill to West Coast for its on-traded rd 3 pick (49)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Trade p/work lodged - Western Bulldogs exchange Josh Hill to West Coast for its on-traded rd 3 pick (49)
    It's not a great deal to be honest but could we really have expected more?
    I think this is one of those deals that could bite us on the arse unless it's also linked to a trade.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think this is one of those deals that could bite us on the arse unless it's also linked to a trade.
    I tend to agree with you on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank god he has gone Lazy,Weak And no respect for the Bulldogs jumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You think he's going to turn his career around, get his head out of dreamland and become a consistent footballer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    You think he's going to turn his career around, get his head out of dreamland and become a consistent footballer?
    Why not, some players need that extra chance or two.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

wouldn't surprise me if he had an Andrew walker type year and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Hill would not be worth more than we got. Pick 49 in this draft i not much chop at all. Has Hill got the talent to turn his career around and burn us? Yes. Will Hill turn his career around? Wait & see i guess.