Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chris Pelchen - aka 'The Pelican'

No its not, here is the article. Either it has been reported incorrectly or Fantasia has forgotten or in denial.

Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins
    Greg Denham From: The Australian October 09, 2010 12:00AM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?
    OUT-OF-CONTRACT Carlton midfielder Shaun Grigg will switch to Richmond in a straight swap for Tigers forward Andrew Collins.

The clubs settled on the swap late yesterday after the contracted Collins agreed to cross to Princes Park.

Collins was not on the trade table until the Blues requested him in exchange for the disgruntled Grigg.

In just his second season at Punt Road, Collins made a name for himself when he was the hero of Richmond's come-from-behind win over Sydney at the MCG in round 14 with the final two goals of the match.

Contracted Richmond defender Will Thursfield will remain with the Tigers after Fremantle dropped its interest.

David Hale's fall from grace this year at North Melbourne led to yesterday's trade to Hawthorn.

The Kangaroos, who are tightening their belts and focusing on retaining the majority of their national draft selections, have agreed to subsidise the Hawks for part of Hale's remaining two-year contract. The ruckman/forward was on a deal worth as much as $850,000 for 2011 and 2012, but generally his form failed to live up to his lucrative contract.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    North dispensed with Hale after he managed to play just two senior games in the second half of the season, and that was with the injured Drew Petrie out of action.

In return for losing Hale and keeping well below its salary cap limit, North Melbourne was handed the compensation selection Hawthorn had received from the AFL for losing Campbell Brown to the Gold Coast. In the deal, both clubs swapped lesser selections.

The Hawks' bid for Hale, 26, was better than Melbourne's offer of a second-round selection.

Hale has been an underachiever over the past few years and has rarely lived up to the form that enabled him to kick eight goals against Geelong at Skilled Stadium in round 21, 2008. He was the Kangaroos leading goal-kicker that season with 37.

The Kangaroos yesterday picked up West Coast forward Ben McKinley, saving him from the scrapheap later this month.

McKinley, who was due to be delisted by the Eagles along with uncontracted teammates Beau Wilkes and Matt Spangher, was swapped to Arden Street for a fifth-round selection.

Hawthorn's acquisition of Hale may scuttle its plans to trade in contracted Western Bulldogs forward Josh Hill. The Hawks initial deal to the Dogs for Hill involved the swap of the rookie-listed Matt Suckling, who played five games for Hawthorn this year. It was met with an immediate rejection from the Dogs.
    The Bulldogs, who remain confident of landing contracted Brisbane midfielder Justin Sherman, yesterday recruited Geelong midfielder Nathan Djerrkura, 22, for a third-round selection.

Djerrkura played three games for the Cats in 2009.

The Sherman deal may continue over the weekend and into Monday's afternoon deadline after Brisbane and the Bulldogs failed to reach agreement yesterday.

Sydney has offered Sherman a lucrative four-year deal which is better than the Dogs' offer, and is prepared to compensate the Lions with a better draft selection than the Bulldogs. But Sherman has so far resisted any interest from the Swans, claiming he wants to relocate to Melbourne.

Sherman has agreed to a three-year deal with the Bulldogs if Brisbane agrees to trade him. The Bulldogs are confident they can clinch the deal.

And long-time Collingwood assistant coach Gavin Brown moved to Carlton yesterday in a similar role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    With all due respect to you and Fantasia, the proposed deal with the rookie may have just been an unsubstantiated rumour.
    However do you think Fantasia would admit it was Suckling they offered given how good he has been this year?
    No, especially also with the way Hill has performed. Just one of those great what if moments in life.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    No its not, here is the article. Either it has been reported incorrectly or Fantasia has forgotten or in denial.

Desi as Fantasia said, there are a lot of deals thrown on the table and there is a lot of wheeling and dealing going on. At the end it didn't happen. Who knows what they really offered and what we wanted. However, your just fantising (sorry for the pun) that we could have had Suckling.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that Desi. I honestly couldn't remember any Hawks players being mooted as part of the Hill trade. Where this article lacks credibility is its a Greg Denham one (not your fault Desi ).
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Thanks for posting that Desi. I honestly couldn't remember any Hawks players being mooted as part of the Hill trade. Where this article lacks credibility is its a Greg Denham one (not your fault Desi ).

Yep. I stopped reading pretty much as soon as I saw his name on the byline. I'm pretty sure Denham would have read it on Bigfooty himself and reported it. I'll take Fantasia's word/recollection over Denham's anyday. Denham's a hack and only just a hack by the skin of his teeth.

No offence Desi.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny when Denham used to bag Aker and I would get upset listening to it. He hates him. Now I find myself agreeing with him. Times change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Desi as Fantasia said, there are a lot of deals thrown on the table and there is a lot of wheeling and dealing going on. At the end it didn't happen. Who knows what they really offered and what we wanted. However, your just fantising (sorry for the pun) that we could have had Suckling.

Fantasia would have been chasing that top 20 pick for Hill anyway.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep. I stopped reading pretty much as soon as I saw his name on the byline. I'm pretty sure Denham would have read it on Bigfooty himself and reported it. I'll take Fantasia's word/recollection over Denham's anyday. Denham's a hack and only just a hack by the skin of his teeth.

No offence Desi.
    Yep same here.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that Pelchen will be announced later today as joining St.Kilda.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Saint Pelchen????
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Saint Pelchen????
    Indeed.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...5/default.aspx
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I heard that Pelchen will be announced later today as joining St.Kilda.
    He would fit into the culture out there perfectly!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He would fit into the culture out there perfectly!
    He's been appointed Head of Football, "responsible for leadership and strategic direction" within the football department.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]