Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs may pick Luke Dahlhaus for crunch game against St Kilda

Sam Landsberger From: Herald Sun June 08, 2011 5:24pm

THE Western Bulldogs could flick their sudden youth policy into full throttle with the inclusion of free-wheeling midfielder Luke Dahlhaus for Friday night’s crunch match against St Kilda.

And the raw but exciting dreadlocked jet could be just the tonic embattled coach Rodney Eade is after.

LINK

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs may pick Luke Dahlhaus for crunch game against St Kilda

Let it be, please let it be.

Terribly unfortunate for Tom Hill to have the setback, but could be a blessing in disguise for the club if it means we can unleash young Luke. Has been screaming out for a run and it seems that Rocket is intent to share games around the kids through the remainder of the season and test out who does have it and who doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Make it happen!

Post Thanks / Like

Dolhouse in the doghouse, cmon do it!

Post Thanks / Like

If Macho Man were still with us he would say
    "oooooooohhhhhh yyeeeaaaahhhhh"

Post Thanks / Like

Play him already. Give the fans some contested footy, with an eye to the future to cheer about win or lose please.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

He has earned his spot, been the most consistent dogs player at Williamstown this year and has the attributes we need in speed and tackling.

I think he will struggle at first with decision making and his kicking but i wish him all the best.

Just on that photo they keep using of Luke, a little embarrasing for the guy that the only photo they have of him is one where Crossy appears to be tackling him by his tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    He has earned his spot, been the most consistent dogs player at Williamstown this year and has the attributes we need in speed and tackling.

I think he will struggle at first with decision making and his kicking but i wish him all the best.

Just on that photo they keep using of Luke, a little embarrasing for the guy that the only photo they have of him is one where Crossy appears to be tackling him by his tackle.
    Lol, I was thinking that myself. That's gotta hurt

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed at the very bottom of an article in the HUN today, titled "Tigers Promote Rookie Tom Hislop" the following quote.

The Bulldogs have this week promoted youngster Luke Dahlhaus and former Swan Ed Barlow.
    Is the bolded piece correct ? Have we use Tom Hill's LTI and our Round 11 rookie promotion card on both ? I'm assuming there's no new long term injuries to add. Can see Mitch Hahn getting a call up before long.

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray hooray hooray some good news! I feel all happy again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Just noticed at the very bottom of an article in the HUN today, titled "Tigers Promote Rookie Tom Hislop" the following quote.

Is the bolded piece correct ? Have we use Tom Hill's LTI and our Round 11 rookie promotion card on both ? I'm assuming there's no new long term injuries to add. Can see Mitch Hahn getting a call up before long.
    At a guess I would think that Dalhaus is the round 11 rookie which would allow him to remain until season's end, and that Barlow is covering Hill. Then again I'm not 100% on Rookie list rules?

Wherefore art thou TCD?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    At a guess I would think that Dalhaus is the round 11 rookie which would allow him to remain until season's end, and that Barlow is covering Hill. Then again I'm not 100% on Rookie list rules?

Wherefore art thou TCD?
    I have already stated the rules in another post a few weeks back. I shall let someone else bring it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't use him as the sub, we have already used Wallis & Skinner's debut this way and I don't think it's the right way to go. If the MC are confident enough in selecting him than play him early, a first gamers output is nearly irrelevant, let him enjoy the experience, run around like a headless chook and provide youthful enthusiasm & energy that we've been sadly missing.

I would hate for the club to make him watch the game for 3 quarters before potentially bringing him on in a close game ala Skinner & Wallis, it builds up nerves, pressure and places an unrealistic expectation that some sort of match winning effort is required from him.

If they believe enough in selecting him than play him early, if they don't believe he's ready than don't select him and play him as a sub because if you get an injury early you need him to play the entire match anyway so that train of logic is floored.

Good luck young kid, I believe he may show up a few of his older more experienced couterparts in attitude, intensity & endeavour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop;220451[B
    ]Please don't use him as the sub, we have already used Wallis & Skinner's debut this way and I don't think it's the right way to go. If the MC are confident enough in selecting him than play him early,[/B] a first gamers output is nearly irrelevant, let him enjoy the experience, run around like a headless chook and provide youthful enthusiasm & energy that we've been sadly missing.
    Showed a bit, pitty they didn't start him and use his endevour to spur the team on.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Liked his game and hopefully he can hold his spot for the rest of the year.
    The curse is dead.