Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round #14 Match Committee

Jones over grant any day of the week.grant has to step up and show some of his class from last season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Unless we can pull a swifty of epic proportions, he's contracted for 3 years... can't see anyone taking him.
    As disappinted as I am with Djek, he has received some of the worst delivery into the F50 I have seen at AFL level. A short guy, he continually gets the ball placed on top of his head, generally in the presence of two (taller) defenders.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Which ones are these now?
    That was my point......we are no longer that team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Unless we can pull a swifty of epic proportions, he's contracted for 3 years... can't see anyone taking him.
    Was just going to write this, still can't believe he got a 3 year deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard he was watched for an entire season by our staff. As a result, despite his poor start, I back him in to turn it around. You'd have to back our recruiters, who have done more right than wrong.
    He has the athletic ability, and maybe it's just a case of finding the right position.
    Have faith.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    As disappinted as I am with Djek, he has received some of the worst delivery into the F50 I have seen at AFL level. A short guy, he continually gets the ball placed on top of his head, generally in the presence of two (taller) defenders.
    Don't disagree, he's not been helped that much by his mates upfield.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Are we looking too tall if we bring in Hall?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Are we looking too tall if we bring in Hall?
    I really don't like Minson, Hudson, Jones and Hall in the same side. I also really don't like the idea of having a ruckman as a sub.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    WESTERN BULLDOGS

Barry Hall should return this week but whether it's at AFL or VFL level is yet to be determined. Brian Lake will be assessed later in the week after severely scratching his eye while playing for Williamstown on Sunday. Zeph Skinner, Lukas Markovic and Sam Reid were in the best for the Seagulls in that game while Patrick Veszpremi kicked three goals, and Jarrad Grant and Jordan Roughead two apiece. Meanwhile, Adam Cooney took a step towards getting his season back on track on Friday night when he got through a quarter of the win over Adelaide after coming on as the substitute player.
    - Jen Witham
    He flew up with the rest of the team. Would he fly back to play in the Magoos?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He flew up with the rest of the team. Would he fly back to play in the Magoos?
    NO i doubt it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I really don't like Minson, Hudson, Jones and Hall in the same side. I also really don't like the idea of having a ruckman as a sub.
    Hall & Jones can work - Minson & Hudson in the same team is a real worry.

I would have gone one ruckman and let a combo of Barlow (pref.)/Jones/Williams/Hall pinch hit where required.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I would have gone one ruckman and let a combo of Barlow (pref.)/Jones/Williams/Hall pinch hit where required.
    I agree that Hall and Jones can work, just that they exacerbate the Hudson and Minson problems.

Totally agree with your pinch hitting options.

Post Thanks / Like

More worried about Hall than anyone. Was horrible in his last match. Hudson next.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see the benefit of having players pinch hit in the ruck if their confidence is down or it's because we've subbed a ruckman off early in the second half or through injury. Though I think it's best to start off with two ruckmen. We need Roughead to hit form and put some pressure on for a spot, then we wouldn't have to worry about it.

Williams needs time as a responsible backman, without Lake and Morris taking the best two taller forwards. It seems to me the best way for him to develop, and this week our defense would be very short without him. Maybe Jones could have helped out down back in light of Hall being recalled if Williams was to give a hand in the ruck if we only played one ruckman. I guess I don't want Tom playing in the ruck.

I haven't seen Barlow ruck much (in fact I've not seen a great deal of him prior to the last fortnight), but I thought he did well last week floating across half forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can see the benefit of having players pinch hit in the ruck if their confidence is down or it's because we've subbed a ruckman off early in the second half or through injury. Though I think it's best to start off with two ruckmen. We need Roughead to hit form and put some pressure on for a spot, then we wouldn't have to worry about it.

Williams needs time as a responsible backman, without Lake and Morris taking the best two taller forwards. It seems to me the best way for him to develop, and this week our defense would be very short without him. Maybe Jones could have helped out down back in light of Hall being recalled if Williams was to give a hand in the ruck if we only played one ruckman. I guess I don't want Tom playing in the ruck.

I haven't seen Barlow ruck much (in fact I've not seen a great deal of him prior to the last fortnight), but I thought he did well last week floating across half forward.
    They need to be ready to play in the ruck though, if they haven't played there in their junior days or done a considerable amount of work at training it's a recipe for disaster. Not so much winning the tap outs, but being able to protect themselves at the ball ups. Tom Williams nearly got seriously hurt against Geelong because he couldn't protect himself.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships