Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you want the '54 jumper?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want the '54 design

67 93.06%
  • No, long live the robodog/current design

5 6.94%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you want the '54 design as our main jumper?

RJ I chose the starship design! In all seriousness good work. It will be interesting to see how much support you will need to at least have the issue seriously discussed at club level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I don't think I have had access to all 30k members yet.

Outside of under 8's, the majority of fans I know and the polls I have seen indicate the majority of our fans want the '54 jumper. The under 8's like robodog but they also would probably prefer a space ship with a dinosaur chasing it.

The facebook group is just a start, expecting 15k + followers is absurd. The FB was just to unite fans of it and organise us to take the next step. I did not start this group to attack the club or fans or the robodog. If at the end of the day, it's clear that fans don't want a club then I am more than happy to accept that. I just want to gauge the support for it.
    I heard you on SEN with David Schwartz and you came across well. When they asked you whether you were also looking at changing the name back to Footscray, you sort of dismissed the question (I don't think you heard the question).
    I would have responded strongly that in no way are you looking at changing the name back, not too sure being linked to that group (not that you are) will help your cause.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I don't think I have had access to all 30k members yet.

Outside of under 8's, the majority of fans I know and the polls I have seen indicate the majority of our fans want the '54 jumper. The under 8's like robodog but they also would probably prefer a space ship with a dinosaur chasing it.

The facebook group is just a start, expecting 15k + followers is absurd. The FB was just to unite fans of it and organise us to take the next step. I did not start this group to attack the club or fans or the robodog. If at the end of the day, it's clear that fans don't want a club then I am more than happy to accept that. I just want to gauge the support for it.
    Yet this is where we get all our new supporters/members from. I don't like the idea of changing something that works just for the sake of it and has helped us become more popular IMO.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yet this is where we get all our new supporters/members from. I don't like the idea of changing something that works just for the sake of it and has helped us become more popular IMO.
    Can the opposite be said?
    Have many dropped off because of the lost of some old values such as the jumper?

I would have thought the most important factor in attracting new members is to seen on free to air at prime time and to be winning rather than whether there is a dog or not on the front of a jumper.

The robodog may have worked for a while but I think it has quickly become outdated because its hardly a timeless design.

Kelso @ Mt Eliza Guest

I much prefer the jumper worn against the crows (54 jumper) than the current.. be nice if it could change.. not likely though I would concede..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm pro the change but it's surprising that less than half the people who log on have even been bothered to vote when it takes bugger all effort.
    The Poll is invalid. Its just a shifty trick.

The poll should ask if you want the 54 jumper with options either "Yes" or "No".

What if a person wants neither the 54 version or the current version, how do they vote? Obviously there is no place for them to vote.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to stop referring to the jumper as the 54 jumper, and brand it as our 'heritage' or 'simple' jumper

Given we wore a version of that jumper for the best part of 70 years

Dont want some comedian like John Elliott or Grant Thomas saying we are still trying to cling to our 'tragic' past

http://www.fnwb.com.au/heritage/jumpers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    We need to stop referring to the jumper as the 54 jumper, and brand it as our 'heritage' or 'simple' jumper

Given we wore a version of that jumper for the best part of 70 years

Dont want some comedian like John Elliott or Grant Thomas saying we are still trying to cling to our 'tragic' past
    I partially agree but just speaking for myself, I don't call it the '54 design due to 1954 but because that is the best noun I can think of for it. We have a few 'heritage' jumpers and I am not sure 'simple' jumper gets it across either. If we actually get the design up I would be the first in queue wanting the '54 tag dropped. My preference is to just call it our jumper!

Also, I wouldn't be too worried but what idiots who would never want to help our club say about us. The strongest clubs don't give a shit about what haters have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    The Poll is invalid. Its just a shifty trick.

The poll should ask if you want the 54 jumper with options either "Yes" or "No".

What if a person wants neither the 54 version or the current version, how do they vote? Obviously there is no place for them to vote.
    You are very shifty Rocco, You should be ashamed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    Haha, yep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    Could be time for an inquiry. Can we have a poll about the poll?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

54 Jumper all the way.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're one of the 91 who have voted for the '54 jumper, please join our facebook group (if you have fb) and sign our online petition. The links are in my signature.

Once again, this group isn't about extremists who are demanding change, it's just about fans who would simply rather we wear the '54 design over the robodog.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we keep the “robo-dog” for our logo though, because as a logo it works wonders, marketing-wise, best sports logo I've seen in a long time.