Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grant Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Thomas

I know, I know...the bloke hates us and I shouldn't let him get to me. Watched Footy Classified last night for the first time in a while (we won) and they discussed Rohan Smith being miked up as runner on Friday night.

Instead of it being purely a discussion over the role of runners in the AFL, Thomas couldn't resist having a crack at Smith's career, making some derisive comment about his lack of leadership and how it would have been great if he gave as much direction when he was playing. I'm paraphrasing to the best of my ability.

Just so unnecessary from a bloke who who was such an ordinary player and over-rated coach. It's as if this bloke enjoys being an absolute tool. Opens his mouth and his co-panellists....okay.....Carolyn Wilson fawn over him.

Don't expect any replies to this.....just felt like getting it off my chest. At least it reinforced why I shouldn't watch this show again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grant Thomas

What a tool. Makes me sick.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy is a sad sad sack of you know what. He needs to bloody lighten up! I remember when the saints won the wizard cup and he ordered his players to be sad/not impressed. Its one thing to not over celebrate but its another to purposely look like a grumpy old man! He's a tool and i doubt a bum, let alone a legend like Bubba, would give two sh*ts about what he says. No respect for that man. Needs to have a good hard look at himself before potting others. I mean look at the list he had. Harvey, Hayes, Riewoldt, Goddard, Gherig, Hamill, Dal Santo, Milne, Hudghton, a fairly decent Kosi, Montagna. Still couuldn't get them past the prelims with a loaded list that included numerous high quality draft picks from crap years plus excellent senior players in Harvey, Hamil, Gherig etc. Lyon would have won a premiership with that list along with a number of other coaches.

Post Thanks / Like

He is one of the reasons I don't watch that show. In fact I don't like any one the Channel nine footy related shows , all the panelists are up themselves and think they are superior to panelists on other stations. (except Carro, who I don't mind - yeah I know)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They all talk about footy as if they're at a funeral.
    Or an autopsy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey who's played 300 games here?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Thomas is nothing more that an over-rated TURD... Dislike that excuse for a human!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is one of the reasons I don't watch that show. In fact I don't like any one the Channel nine footy related shows , all the panelists are up themselves and think they are superior to panelists on other stations. (except Carro, who I don't mind - yeah I know)
    Grant clearly has an axe to grind with us, and his cheap shots at former champions are pathetic, and somewhat in contrast to Leigh Matthews after a Vic state game saying how much he'd loved having the leadership of Smith, Johnson etc.

I fail to see how Harvey, Leowe, Thompson, Burke etc greatly differed from Johnson, West, Smith, Grant and Darcy except perhaps ours were probably more talented, played more finals and won more games.

And yes, Garry and co could not love themselves anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to watch, isn't it?

On the other hand, there's a good footy show on OneHD at 9.30 on Monday nights...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GetDimmaBack View Post
    Hard to watch, isn't it?

On the other hand, there's a good footy show on OneHD at 9.30 on Monday nights...
    Is that the one with Quarterbrain?

This show frustrates me as well, they get a player on and they have a perfect forum to ask them some hard hitting questions but they glaze over them and ask about 3-4 questions and then move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Is that the one with Quarterbrain?

This show frustrates me as well, they get a player on and they have a perfect forum to ask them some hard hitting questions but they glaze over them and ask about 3-4 questions and then move on.
    Yeah, that's it.

Even with QB, it's better watching than Footy Classified! But then again, most things are...

Post Thanks / Like

What leadership did Thomas did ever show as a player?

Not once did he ever play a finals match. Instead he enjoyed the glory of two wooden spoons at St Kilda as well as three second last places (including one with North).

Rohan Smith - 300 games, twice All Australian, one club great.
    Grant Thomas - 83 games, journey man, non-entity at three clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    What leadership did Thomas did ever show as a player?

Not once did he ever play a finals match. Instead he enjoyed the glory of two wooden spoons at St Kilda as well as three second last places (including one with North).

Rohan Smith - 300 games, twice All Australian, one club great.
    Grant Thomas - 83 games, journey man, non-entity at three clubs.
    Evidence above suggest Grant has little to no credibility. While I think it can be sometimes foolish to write off negative observations from someone clearly insecure with their standing in the game (while it's less than constructive, maybe there's something in it you haven't thought of) I can't see how he's anywhere near on the money with this one.

Great footage of Bubba wasn't it? I loved the 'we're back in this' growl he gave just after patting Ward on the back for putting his head over the ball. Wonder how his voice was later on (GRAB A MAN would've tested it )
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GetDimmaBack View Post
    Yeah, that's it.

Even with QB, it's better watching than Footy Classified! But then again, most things are...
    Give me the mangrook footy show any day of the week compared to the garbage that gets on tv

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is THE reason I don't watch the show
    WOOF Member 422