Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grant Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grant Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    What leadership did Thomas did ever show as a player?

Not once did he ever play a finals match. Instead he enjoyed the glory of two wooden spoons at St Kilda as well as three second last places (including one with North).

Rohan Smith - 300 games, twice All Australian, one club great.
    Grant Thomas - 83 games, journey man, non-entity at three clubs.
    Didn't he captain / coach 4 premierships in Warrnambool?
    Surely that's a better record than Bubba!!

Cornflakes Thomas.
    Self appointed ruler on all things leadership cos he had a rotating Captain policy.
    He has no credibility attacking 300 game All Australians

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    What leadership did Thomas did ever show as a player?

Not once did he ever play a finals match. Instead he enjoyed the glory of two wooden spoons at St Kilda as well as three second last places (including one with North).

Rohan Smith - 300 games, twice All Australian, one club great.
    Grant Thomas - 83 games, journey man, non-entity at three clubs.
    You Forgot the two knifings of Dennis Pagan at North and Malcolm Blight at Stkilda!
    Don't mind someone having a leadership crack but someone from THAT CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Groenewagon View Post
    Didn't he captain / coach 4 premierships in Warrnambool?
    Surely that's a better record than Bubba!!

Cornflakes Thomas.
    Self appointed ruler on all things leadership cos he had a rotating Captain policy.
    He has no credibility attacking 300 game All Australians
    I think ol' cornflakes is married to the ex of Micky Roberts! Hilarious, they all probably met at Saints Disco(she was in the Cheer Squad)

Post Thanks / Like

I despise this man.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to delete this thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Is it possible to delete this thread?
    Why?

Post Thanks / Like

Why?

Post Thanks / Like

Because G Thomas is an absolute tool. A self serving flog that talks alot but never says anything. A St Kilda sycophant that does not deserve the priviledge of being discussed on WOOF.

Post Thanks / Like

First off I'm not defending Grant Thomas-I agree with all the other poster's assessments of his coaching/playing career. He's a tool of the highest order wtith an incredibly inflated opinion of himself and his place in VFL/AFL circles.

BUT. Sometimes it's often exactly someone like him who puts the finger on exactly what the problem is at our club. He obviously spends a considerable amount of time looking for things to have a ping at us about rather than highlighting what's going right. As hard as it is for us to swallow some of his criticisms about us (leadership/why we often fail to perform in big finals/etc.) can sometimes be spot on. We could do worse than examine (and try to address) some of the the problems he points out.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

BUT. Sometimes it's often exactly someone like him who puts the finger on exactly what the problem is at our club. He obviously spends a considerable amount of time looking for things to have a ping at us about rather than highlighting what's going right. As hard as it is for us to swallow some of his criticisms about us (leadership/why we often fail to perform in big finals/etc.) can sometimes be spot on. We could do worse than examine (and try to address) some of the the problems he points out.
    So could St.Kilda, wonder if he'd be prepared to say that publicly?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    So could St.Kilda, wonder if he'd be prepared to say that publicly?

It's an interesting point but he doesnt hate St Kilda like he obviously hates us*. My point is sometimes it's people who hate you who can sometimes put the finger on what's going wrong begore it becomes apparent to us. I notice he hasnt mentioned Diving Nick Rievoldt's relatively poor year to date.

* I wonder why he does hate us? I well remember him playing VFL footy but I've got to say that there isnt any incident that I remember involving him that would justify his obvious extreme bias against us. Did he play in the St Kilda team that we kicked the record score against in 1978 maybe? Or maybe it's the fact that we knocked them over at the MCG after they'd had that really good start to the season in the early 2000s?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

* I wonder why he does hate us? I well remember him playing VFL footy but I've got to say that there isnt any incident that I remember involving him that would justify his obvious extreme bias against us. Did he play in the St Kilda team that we kicked the record score against in 1978 maybe? Or maybe it's the fact that we knocked them over at the MCG after they'd had that really good start to the season in the early 2000s?
    Not sure about the Dogs but there is definitely some angst between him and Rocket following the 8.8.56 draw between Sydney and St Kilda in 2002. Rocket was scathing about the ultra flood that St Kilda (then a wooden spoon weakling) adopted in that match and I think Thomas has taken every opportunity to dig at Rocket ever since.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Not sure about the Dogs but there is definitely some angst between him and Rocket following the 8.8.56 draw between Sydney and St Kilda in 2002. Rocket was scathing about the ultra flood that St Kilda (then a wooden spoon weakling) adopted in that match and I think Thomas has taken every opportunity to dig at Rocket ever since.
    His dislike of us began long before Rocket arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

First off I'm not defending Grant Thomas-I agree with all the other poster's assessments of his coaching/playing career. He's a tool of the highest order wtith an incredibly inflated opinion of himself and his place in VFL/AFL circles.

Hang on. This is about him having a pot shot at Rohan Smith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Hang on. This is about him having a pot shot at Rohan Smith.
    Yes, Smith this time.
    It is another in a series of attacks on the leadership of the club in the past decade or so.

Accused Grant, Johnson, Smith, West of all being selfish and lacking the requisite leadership to win a premiership despite the talents to do so.

One could easily draw the same conclusions to Lockett, Loewe, Harvey and Burke.
    Or Riewoldt, Kosi, Hayes and Dal Santo
    He is a hyopcrite of the highest order