Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs' dash to airport

Dogs' dash to airport

THE WESTERN Bulldogs' playing group has made a mercy dash to the airport in order to avoid potential flight disruptions caused by the volcanic ash cloud.

The Bulldogs, due to face Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium on Saturday, booked last-minute flights for 3pm Tuesday in order to avoid flight cancellations, The Age reports.

The club was confident all accommodation and other arrangements were in place.

Domestic airlines have either cancelled or are due to suspend services from Melbourne and Sydney airports on Tuesday with speculation the ban could remain for up to 48 hours.

There have been no reports from Collingwood on how the volcanic ash will affect travel plans for Saturday night's clash with the Sydney Swans at ANZ Stadium.

Link
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs' dash to airport

My wife has cancelled a trip to Syd this weekend and might be coming to the game with me. I didn't even think of the Dogs not making it up here when all this Volcano flights cancelled thing was going on today.

Post Thanks / Like

Great chance for team bonding.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably a wise move by the club. I like the thought of Bulldogs players let loose on the Gold Coast... don't know how they will top Hong Kong though!

Post Thanks / Like

How horrible for them to have to spend an extra couple of days on the gold coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    How horrible for them to have to spend an extra couple of days on the gold coast.
    3 day pass springs to mind!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

See Ablett is still stuck in Melbourne. Just wonder how the other players feel when their highly paid captain gets so many "Leave Passes"!Little bit to long a leash for mine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    See Ablett is still stuck in Melbourne. Just wonder how the other players feel when their highly paid captain gets so many "Leave Passes"!Little bit to long a leash for mine
    Not affecting his on-field performance, but if that happens the media will jump all over it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Not affecting his on-field performance, but if that happens the media will jump all over it
    Media are already all over him about spending too much time in Melbourne and to be honest I think it is warranted.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to be up on the Gold Coast with the boys in the warm, and perhaps able to sit at the game in short sleeves - sigh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Media are already all over him about spending too much time in Melbourne and to be honest I think it is warranted.
    If he missed the game, imagine the shitstorm!