Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 15 Discussion

Which is the bigger upset for the round ... Essendon knocking off Geelong, or Adelaide beating Sydney?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 15 Discussion

I didn't go tonight, the 8 Essendon supporters I was with didn't want to go because they thought they'd lose. Damn fair weather supporters, I would've been great seeing Geelong lose!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Battle of the smarmy fans Cats v Bombres.
    Essendon's run and spread killed Geelong, mind you after 13 wins they might have been due for a downer. Looking forward to hearing how Thompson and the millionaire coaching dept. Conjured up that winBad loss for the Swans, costly as well. Personally think 6 to 8 is open slather.
    Punt Rd End fan website is calling for the removal of Hardwick and Malthouse installed! Reminds me of when they wanted Wallace installed to replace Frawley

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon winning was a huge shock. Crows I expected to be a closer one.

Richmond have really fallen away badly after looking OK a few weeks ago, but Carlton look very slick and quick.

Really looking forward to the Hawks v Collingwood game today, should be a cracker.

Post Thanks / Like

I've lost all faith in myself. Had Geelong down to win by 60+.

Pies should really smash the Hawks today who now have no midfield and no backs to play on Cloke / Dawes.

Post Thanks / Like

That bombers win doesn't help us. Should expect crows and swans to be a low scoring affair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    That bombers win doesn't help us. Should expect crows and swans to be a low scoring affair.
    It doesn't but it was good to see the Swans getting dragged down into the moshpit at the bottom of the 8. They are not dead certs for a final 8 spot, and certainly not for a home final in week 1.

Essendon winning wasn't ideal but they have a really tough run home and will struggle with their personnel issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the Carlton/Richmond game with a Carlton supporter yesterday.

Putting aside how woeful Richmond were, Carltons pressure was very good. Dominated everywhere. Richmond were forced to bomb it long where Carlton always had a spare man when Jack couldn't get to it.

Mitch Robinson has become the barometer, averaging 29 disposals in the last 5 games and I'm not sure who we should play on him next week to stop his influence, suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Warnock dominated the ruck. I'd back an ageing Hudson or Minson to deny them first every time like what happen mostly with the tigers. Also even without Lake our backline is 10x better than Richmonds. Carlton's achilles is their own backline and without jamieson, they are even more vulnerable.
    We both won soft and hoping the got carried away more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Looks like Warnock dominated the ruck. I'd back an ageing Hudson or Minson to deny them first every time like what happen mostly with the tigers. Also even without Lake our backline is 10x better than Richmonds. Carlton's achilles is their own backline and without jamieson, they are even more vulnerable.
    We both won soft and hoping the got carried away more.
    Yarran is very good, as were a number of players down there
    Watched them closely yesterday. Can't agree that their backline is weak.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Yarran is very good, as were a number of players down there
    Watched them closely yesterday. Can't agree that their backline is weak.
    How will Yarran go against some of our talls if the delivery is clean and quick?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    How will Yarran go against some of our talls if the delivery is clean and quick?
    Why would Yarran be on a tall?

Hopefully we bring in Addison to play on him.
    Last edited by chef; 03-07-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Massive round next week in terms of shaping the 8. We really need a win to stay in touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Why would Yarran be on a tall?

Hopefully we bring in Addison to play on him.
    That's my point. If we are judging the Carlton on Yarran alone then they are great. I doubt they have sufficiently good talls to cover good tall forwards given jamieson won't play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Massive round next week in terms of shaping the 8. We really need a win to stay in touch.
    Yep, St Kilda just beat North even though they kicked 2 goals in the third and were held scoreless in the last

Next Week North take on Coll, Melb have a bye, good chance for us to jump above these 2 into 9th.