Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rodney Eade's contract talks yet to start

Tony Sheahan - Herald Sun - 3 July

RODNEY Eade's contract negotiations are a long way from being sorted.

Eade's push for a new contract has gained momentum with the Western Bulldogs' third straight win on Friday night, with a 64-point demolition of Melbourne.

But talks between club and his management are yet to take off.

"I said earlier in the year and the club has been strong about it as well, we'll discuss it at the end of the season," he said.

"There hasn't been any discussion and I'm more than comfortable with that."

Eade admitted the pressure of the club's four losses from rounds 9 to 12 had taken its toll.

"Even though we had some bad losses, I still thought the players hung in there and I think everybody has to take credit for that," he said.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rodney Eade's contract talks yet to start

The few articles that I have read state about Melbourne's over use of handball got them in trouble, I would like to see credit where credits due and that the pressure of the Bulldogs caused them to over use the handball.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the club is smart enough to wait until the end of the season.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The few articles that I have read state about Melbourne's over use of handball got them in trouble, I would like to see credit where credits due and that the pressure of the Bulldogs caused them to over use the handball.
    I listened to Crunch Time on SEN yesterday. They interviewed both Rocket and Dean Bailey, and Rocket noted that for the 1st time this season they felt like they weren't scrambling just to get 22 fit/in form guys on the paddock. The addition of Dahlhaus, Hooper and a fit Hall, along with the pace of Grant and Jones and work ethic of Barlow had allowed them to execute the defensive game plan (the press) the way they wanted to for the 1st time this year.

Bailey also noted that even though the Demons wanted to kick more than handball, the Dogs pressure on the ball carrier had forced them to overuse the handball which led to too many turnovers and scores from turnovers. We ended up outscoring them 12 goals to 3 in this vital statistic.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Hopefully the club is smart enough to wait until the end of the season.
    For the decision or the talks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    For the decision or the talks?
    Talks.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Talks of some sort have to start before seasons end, I am sure other clubs will be getting into his managers ear and we know whats happening with Ward now and Harbrow the year before.

I think the decision should be made anytime from now, personally the way I read it he is safe, he is playing young kids, changing the gameplan and looking to have this job for more than the end of the year.
    I have full confidence in him and am more excited now with our young ones coming through than I have been in previous years even though we were making prelims.