Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Adam Cooney releases the Western Bulldogs

Tony Sheahan - Herald Sun - 3 July

IT'S hard to tell what made Bulldogs fans happier - a 64-point thumping of Melbourne or the sight of Adam Cooney moving closer to full fitness and form.

Cooney's return to near his best against Melbourne on Friday, following a horror period with a degenerative knee complaint, drew acclaim from the Dogs' camp.

Cooney's duties can be diverse but, whatever his role, his presence rubs off on his teammates.

"He takes the pressure off a lot of other players being in the team, and we're definitely a better side with him in," teammate Shaun Higgins said.

"He helps free up Ryan Griffen, Matthew Boyd can go back into defence and not have to worry so much about getting the ball - and it frees me up, too."

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam Cooney releases the Western Bulldogs

Actually I remember seeing on the scoreboard at one point the contested possession count dead even. The Dees did do a lot better in that area than the scoreboard reflected.
    Their ability to hit the post in the first quarter had the silverspooners fuming, not to mention the umpiring. In addition, every time a steaming Adam Cooney got the ball on the wing, a kind of collective groan of resignation from the Demon fans. THAT was satisfying
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Actually I remember seeing on the scoreboard at one point the contested possession count dead even. The Dees did do a lot better in that area than the scoreboard reflected.
    Their ability to hit the post in the first quarter had the silverspooners fuming, not to mention the umpiring. In addition, every time a steaming Adam Cooney got the ball on the wing, a kind of collective groan of resignation from the Demon fans. THAT was satisfying
    I have reserved seats at the Footscray end and had two Latte lickers behind me in the first quarter one of them thought that booing Coons was a good idea I (not so eloquently)pointed out to him you don't boo champions and he was rather quiet after that
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    I have reserved seats at the Footscray end and had two Latte lickers behind me in the first quarter one of them thought that booing Coons was a good idea I (not so eloquently)pointed out to him you don't boo champions and he was rather quiet after that
    Are you sure he wasn't saying Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a similar guy in front of me
    Went something like this.

Demons Supporter: You DOGS ARE CRAP ( leading by a landslide at that point )
    Front row WB supporter: Look at the scoreboard numpty!
    D man: Yeah, we're crapper, but you're still crap!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

LoveWillMinson Guest

How awesome was his Rooney type goal! It's so good to see him back in form and running with that flashy speed he has!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWillMinson View Post
    How awesome was his Rooney type goal! It's so good to see him back in form and running with that flashy speed he has!
    That's the key word LWM, particularly from the stoppages, something we have sadly missed.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWillMinson View Post
    He did that just after I had told the Melbourne barrackers to use there manners absolutely loved it!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing him on Friday night just made me realise how much we have missed his speed and ability to get the ball! Let's hope he continues to find his brownlow form