Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Improved Lake determined for Bulldogs return

Brent Diamond - The Age - 4 July

WESTERN Bulldogs' out-of-favour defender Brian Lake is adamant that a return to form isn't too far away after one of his better matches with three goals for Williamstown in the VFL yesterday.

Lake, who has struggled with match conditioning and form since pre-season, was confident of finding his way back into the Bulldogs team after a 15-disposal game switching between the forward line and defence against the Northern Bullants at Preston City Oval yesterday.

"I felt a lot better today apart from a bit of a knock in the back in the last quarter but I'm just hoping to work as hard as I can and get the body right as quick as possible," Lake said. ''Williamstown is looking pretty good at the moment but hopefully I'll be back in the Bulldogs team soon.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Improved Lake determined for Bulldogs return

Being paid $#400k plus to play at Williamstown, you owe the club Brian!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually happy to hear Brian being positive - in fact, if I am correct, he has been almost "silent" the whole way through this season of fluctuating form & injuries. Would be great to see him back with confidence in his body.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Being paid $400k plus to play at Williamstown, you owe the club Brian!
    And the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    And the rest.
    I know, just being conservative

Post Thanks / Like

Given that Carlton don't have a big forward line - I'd be giving Brian one more at Willy - and if he performs well he comes back in to play on Drew Petrie. Williams isn't going to be able to compete with Petrie in the air - if Lake shows some good form - I'd be throwing him straight in to take on the Dish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Given that Carlton don't have a big forward line - I'd be giving Brian one more at Willy - and if he performs well he comes back in to play on Drew Petrie. Williams isn't going to be able to compete with Petrie in the air - if Lake shows some good form - I'd be throwing him straight in to take on the Dish.
    Given that Brian was B.O.G against Carlton last year it would be very tempting to put him back in, but Rocket's interview on SEN on Saturday morning left me feeling that unless Brian gets back to near his best he may not play again this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Given that Brian was B.O.G against Carlton last year it would be very tempting to put him back in, but Rocket's interview on SEN on Saturday morning left me feeling that unless Brian gets back to near his best he may not play again this year.
    For those that missed Rocket's Interview:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

For those that cannot access the interview, can someone provide a summary please?