Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's Your Footy Bugbear?

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Imagine if they paid a free kick whenever this happens? It would drive you mad. Why would you bother going for the ball in a congested situation...far better to sweat on the bloke going for it.

My pet hate is our own supporters latching onto something they don't like early on in a game and never letting go i.e. criticising Gia, Hill, Williams etc, yelling out "kick it, kick it" every time we grab the ball, "go forward" when there is no-one in front of the player with the ball. You get the idea.
    +1. Spot on the moolah…

I also hate when people groan and moan about players kicking it back and forth across the backline when the sting's gone out of the game late in the 4th. It may be boring to watch, but tactically it's the ideal situation to find yourself in. It's also a great way for the players to take the piss out of the opposition. “Come and get it if you want it”.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I also hate when people groan and moan about players kicking it back and forth across the backline when the sting's gone out of the game late in the 4th. It may be boring to watch, but tactically it's the ideal situation to find yourself in. It's also a great way for the players to take the piss out of the opposition. “Come and get it if you want it”.
    It's good if you have the players involved in your DT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Press conferences annoy me. Especially if it's Ross Lyon or Mick Malthouse speaking..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
    Well, we know they're a proud club and we expected them to come out firing today and they really came to play. I'm just happy I was able to play my role for the team and we're all just happy to get the four points. The boys really put in today, especially [insert name of a player who played a bit average but needs the AFL equivalent of the Encouragement Award] who really delivered the 1 percenters, but overall it was a team effort. We're now looking forward to next week and playing [insert team name], where we fully expect we'll be underdogs, as we're undefeated and they're the wooden spooner and therefore they'll have a point to prove.

So, even though we're sitting on top of the ladder with a percentage of 670.8, we don't want to get too ahead of ourselves and start thinking finals, every game's important with the competition so even and we just want to play it one week at a time. We know they'll be looking forward to testing themselves against us, every game we play seems like a blockbuster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Press conferences annoy me. Especially if it's Ross Lyon or Mick Malthouse speaking..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
    You just needed to say 'Ross Lyon' that would be enough. I hate everything about him.

I hate his gameplan most of all.

Also Kevin Bartlett. I hate what the rules committee have done to our game. I hate his sycophantic radio show. I hate that he couldn't even give Ryan Griffen 1 vote in the rising star award.

Also Andy Demitriou. I hate that he thinks he is the greatest CEO of all time because he makes a lot of money. You have no shareholders you moron, your job is to run a fair and equitable competition, not pretend you're running NAB

Post Thanks / Like

People who boo when players are executing a switch, or handball more than 2 times in a row.

"KICK IT LONG! TURN IT OVER!"
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    People who boo when players are executing a switch, or handball more than 2 times in a row.

"KICK IT LONG! TURN IT OVER!"
    I love when they scream kick it, kick it, KICK IT (despite there being no one in our forward half), and then when a player blindly bombs it into a sea of waiting defenders they shout "oh, who to!"
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I love when they scream kick it, kick it, KICK IT (despite there being no one in our forward half), and then when a player blindly bombs it into a sea of waiting defenders they shout "oh, who to!"
    Double points for "That was your man, Hill/Stack/Gia!"
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Or when they blast a player for not being able to run at 50km/hr to catch up to somebody.

We need to draft more cheetahs.

Post Thanks / Like

If the opposition are too lazy to find an opponent and stand him, that's not the backline's fault. Our last 5 minutes against Melbourne was a case in point.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce Macavaney and his poofy voice who orgasms whenever he decides he likes a player. and that player goes within 50 metres of the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Bruce Macavaney and his poofy voice who orgasms whenever he decides he likes a player. and that player goes within 50 metres of the ball.
    Ditto, his ridiculous over-calling the play is really grating. "Oh Judd, what a beauty, races away, towards FORWARD 50, STRAIGHTENS UP, IT'S ON IT'S WAY, IT LOOKS GOOD...HE'S KICKED............................. a behind..

And his constant questions that no one answers, too... I don't buy that they're rhetorical either, I think he wants an answer, just none of the others give a crap
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Ditto, his ridiculous over-calling the play is really grating. "Oh Judd, what a beauty, races away, towards FORWARD 50, STRAIGHTENS UP, IT'S ON IT'S WAY, IT LOOKS GOOD...HE'S KICKED............................. a behind..

And his constant questions that no one answers, too... I don't buy that they're rhetorical either, I think he wants an answer, just none of the others give a crap
    “Oh, Collingwood are just a step above the rest of the competition, aren't they?” *crickets & tumbleweeds…*

Post Thanks / Like

“Oh, Collingwood are just a step above the rest of the competition, aren't they?” *crickets & tumbleweeds…*
    So it isn't just me that shouts at the television "NO ONE CARES!!!!"
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

What amazes me is we have 3 people Geishen,Bartlett and Demetriou who have played the game, you would think they would fix the rules not make them worse!
    They are the perfect example of the opposite rule of experience.

Post Thanks / Like

For me its Bruce always asking questions
    Hes playing well isnt he?
    They need another goal dont they?
    He seems to have his measure doesnt he?
    Just call the game Bruce!!!!