Quote Originally Posted by hughy31 View Post
    For me its Bruce always asking questions
    Hes playing well isnt he?
    They need another goal dont they?
    He seems to have his measure doesnt he?
    Just call the game Bruce!!!!
    Yep....

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    And his constant questions that no one answers, too... I don't buy that they're rhetorical either, I think he wants an answer, just none of the others give a crap
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's Your Footy Bugbear?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    When did a "mark" become a "catch"? I hate it when commentators say ...'great catch'!

It is a catch though. The mark is where the umpire points when the player goes back to take his kick.

-Richmond. The continued existence of their supporters, players, ex-players and football club in general troubles me greatly. I really, truly hate tham with a passion

-North Melbourne. See Richmond but with the tiniest bit of respect added in for a bizarre effect.

-The growing trend off adding a 'y' to player's names like they are 3 YO's. IT'S LUKE BLOODY POWER!!!! Not Lukey Power. I suspect it started with him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It is a catch though. The mark is where the umpire points when the player goes back to take his kick.

-Richmond. The continued existence of their supporters, players, ex-players and football club in general troubles me greatly. I really, truly hate tham with a passion

-North Melbourne. See Richmond but with the tiniest bit of respect added in for a bizarre effect.

-The growing trend off adding a 'y' to player's names like they are 3 YO's. IT'S LUKE BLOODY POWER!!!! Not Lukey Power. I suspect it started with him.

I take it Lukey Dahlhaus isnt a favourite of yours then
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I take it Lukey Dahlhaus isnt a favourite of yours then
    Or that Barry Hall. Barr would be fairly pissed about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    +1. Spot on the moolah…

I also hate when people groan and moan about players kicking it back and forth across the backline
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    People who boo when players are executing a switch, or handball more than 2 times in a row.
    Where are the boo's directed???? To the team chiping the ball around or the Team leaving the three guys free to do so????
    I have been at games where this has happened and most of the fans were booing the opposition for not maning up and allowing this to go on. In that instance I'm all for the booing and would not consider that a bugbear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I love when they scream kick it, kick it, KICK IT (despite there being no one in our forward half), and then when a player blindly bombs it into a sea of waiting defenders they shout "oh, who to!"
    It's just a frustration from the fans who can see no clear game plan, or that the players are not following the game plan. I think fans would prefer to see the ball turned over 60 metres up field than a holding the ball decision for excessive hand balls in the back half.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    “Oh, Collingwood are just a step above the rest of the competition, aren't they?” *crickets & tumbleweeds…*
    The thing that I hate about Bruce is that he continually states the bleeding obvious, or something that we have just clearly seen with our own eyes.

Leave that work for the radio commentators Bruce. Dennis offsets this beautifully with wit, Bruce has got no game other than stats.

Get him off.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It's just a frustratiopn from the fans who can see no clear game plan, or that the players are not following the game plan. I think fans would prefer to see the ball turned over 60 metres up field than a holding the ball decision for excessive hand balls in the back half.
    Then those fans struggle to understand what they're watching. The idea that giving the ball away 60m up the field is some sort of safe haven is rediculous. With the speed players can move the ball both via kicking and run and carry if given open space, as a team you're better off to get caught holding the ball where you can slow play down in an area you have players, than you are to mindlessly give the ball away even if you gain a few metres.

So like I said, mindlessly shouting kick it, kick it, KICK IT.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It's just a frustration from the fans who can see no clear game plan, or that the players are not following the game plan. I think fans would prefer to see the ball turned over 60 metres up field than a holding the ball decision for excessive hand balls in the back half.
    No, they're just fools.

Post Thanks / Like

And Robert Walls always calling us the "Bullies". It's BULLDOGS dumbarse!!

Post Thanks / Like

Matthew Lloyd comentating or being on TV, Radio full stop. Monotone and boring, I'm sure he was a good player in his day but some people just aren't cutout for media. I use to keel over in pain when he was interviewed back in the day, and I always said then "I can't see him getting a gig on TV once he is retired", Boy was I wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Stuey Maxfield via Bruce started that I think.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    Matthew Lloyd comentating or being on TV, Radio full stop. Monotone and boring, I'm sure he was a good player in his day but some people just aren't cutout for media. I use to keel over in pain when he was interviewed back in the day, and I always said then "I can't see him getting a gig on TV once he is retired", Boy was I wrong.
    Nathan Buckley is the same. Champion player, personality of a walnut.