Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Run Home

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Run Home

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Question

If the Eagles finish fourth and they lose their first final over there do they get to play a second final at home as well? What I'm getting at is if we win week 1 and they lose week 1 is there any chance of us having to go over there to play them week 2?

Similarly, if they win week 1 over there do they then play their prelim in Perth?
    Yes to both your questions.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

If the Eagles finish fourth and they lose their first final over there do they get to play a second final at home as well? What I'm getting at is if we win week 1 and they lose week 1 is there any chance of us having to go over there to play them week 2?

Similarly, if they win week 1 over there do they then play their prelim in Perth?
    If they play their first final in Perth, they won't lose it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Even if they play the Pies?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

If the Eagles finish 4th they will NOT play their first final in Perth. They will ply the team finishing 1st away.

They would then play their next final in Perth (if they beat 1st they would host a Prelim in week 3, but if they lost to 1st they would host a Semi in week 2).
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

If they make top 4 they won't play their first final in Perth unless they finish 1 or 2

Post Thanks / Like

Even if they play the Pies?
    Well, if they play the Pies it won't be in WA, will it? :P

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if they play the Pies it won't be in WA, will it? :P
    Thats right there is two final eight systems, one for Collingwood and one for the rest. Be interesting how that maneuver would be justified...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    If the Eagles finish 4th they will NOT play their first final in Perth. They will ply the team finishing 1st away.

They would then play their next final in Perth (if they beat 1st they would host a Prelim in week 3, but if they lost to 1st they would host a Semi in week 2).
    Gotcha thanks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Thats right there is two final eight systems, one for Collingwood and one for the rest. Be interesting how that maneuver would be justified...
    If you finish top 2 its highly unlikely you will play away from home again in a final unless you lose first week of the finals.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to avoid the Wiggles in Perth in week 1 at all costs.

Post Thanks / Like

It's ludicrous, but looking at the fixture, we're more likely than not to play finals now.

One of a trip to Sydney or the Blues @ the G looms as an elimination final should who I view as the favourite in each game get up. I've got the Eagles taking fourth spot from Carlton comfortably.

I think the Saints will make it as well.

Of course, things change so dramatically from week to week. I had the game against Sydney in Canberra as top 4 defnining, and now I see the SCG clash against them next week as potentially season defnining.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I see the SCG clash against them next week as potentially season defnining.
    I'm over these season defining games!
    Not saying your wrong Pie Man. Just every second game this year has turned out to be season defining.
    I hope this is building character in the Lads?

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather the team play against other finals aspirants rather than plonkers leading up to the finals - will develop form, fitness and confidence playing at a high intensity

The Round 23 match against Hawthorn at the MCG will be our 2nd game at the venue for the season

Timlely that its played before the finals

Given that our finals matches will be played at the 'G its important, the R23 match proves very important

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    I'm over these season defining games!
    Not saying your wrong Pie Man. Just every second game this year has turned out to be season defining.
    I hope this is building character in the Lads?
    Despite me labelling it as such, I do agree with you. I didn't expect to beat Carlton and for us to be in this position (pretty sure I wasn't on my Moses in writing the year off a month back) so now that we're back in it, games become 'live' (so to speak)

And with that, comes some 'definining' moments - a tad dramatic I'll concede

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and we can still lose to Sydney and make 8th if other results go to plan. It just is a big game.

Getting ahead of myself of course - North won't be easy after the week from hell Brad Scott will ensure they endure after last week.