Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Run Home

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Run Home

The other thing to keep in mind is that we only have 2 short road trips (Adeliade and Sydney) and only 2 6-day breaks (and no 5 day breaks)

I'm sure considering our tail end of season fade outs in previous years our fitness and conditioning staff have geared our fitness to peak in the tail end of the season...

Given how we fought back from 4+ goals down against Carlton (which requires a heck of energy), I'm hopeful that we are getting the fitness/intensity mix correct...

Here are my biased tips

NORTH MELBOURNE (Etihad) - W
    SYDNEY SWANS (SCG) - W
    WEST COAST EAGLES (Etihad) - W
    ESSENDON (Etihad) - W
    PORT ADELAIDE (AAMI) - W
    HAWTHORN (MCG) - L
    FREMANTLE (Etihad) - W

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    The other thing to keep in mind is that we only have 2 short road trips (Adeliade and Sydney) and only 2 6-day breaks (and no 5 day breaks)

I'm sure considering our tail end of season fade outs in previous years our fitness and conditioning staff have geared our fitness to peak in the tail end of the season...

Given how we fought back from 4+ goals down against Carlton (which requires a heck of energy), I'm hopeful that we are getting the fitness/intensity mix correct...

Here are my biased tips

SYDNEY SWANS (SCG) - W
    ESSENDON (Etihad) - W
    PORT ADELAIDE (AAMI) - W
    HAWTHORN (MCG) - L
    FREMANTLE (Etihad) - W
    Where would that potentially put us on the ladder with 13 wins?

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of a top four finish if somehow we pull a miracle and win our next 7 (I know, a touch ambitous)?

That would leave us with 14 wins and 8 losses. 14 wins has secured a top 4 spot in 6 out of the last 7 seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Any chance of a top four finish if somehow we pull a miracle and win our next 7 (I know, a touch ambitous)?

That would leave us with 14 wins and 8 losses. 14 wins has secured a top 4 spot in 6 out of the last 7 seasons.
    I did that on the ladder predictor and had us missing out on 4th by percentage to WC.
    The way things have gone it's highly likely that if we make finals we will get an interstate game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    I'm over these season defining games!
    Not saying your wrong Pie Man. Just every second game this year has turned out to be season defining.
    I hope this is building character in the Lads?
    That's just what happens when the first half of the season goes down the gurgler and you play out the year with your testes resting on the razorblade. Win one, you're on your way to finals. Lose one, you've made it 300% harder.

I would rather the team play against other finals aspirants rather than plonkers leading up to the finals - will develop form, fitness and confidence playing at a high intensity

The Round 23 match against Hawthorn at the MCG will be our 2nd game at the venue for the season

Timlely that its played before the finals

Given that our finals matches will be played at the 'G its important, the R23 match proves very important
    Could backfire if we get pumped on the eve of the finals.

Here are my biased tips

SYDNEY SWANS (SCG) - W
    ESSENDON (Etihad) - W
    PORT ADELAIDE (AAMI) - W
    HAWTHORN (MCG) - L
    FREMANTLE (Etihad) - W
    I can't see us beating West Coast. Mental scars, the press, even at Etihad I just don't see it, unfortunately.

My tips (also biased):

North — Win
    Sydney — Win
    Eagles — Loss
    Essendon — Either way
    Port — Win
    Hawthorn — Loss
    Fremantle — Either way.

Post Thanks / Like

I see us beating them all even the eagles by 7 points BUT loosing to hawks by 14. lets hope im right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

Ain't footy a funny game?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Think we are more a chance against hawthorn at the g than Essendon at etihad

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather the team play against other finals aspirants rather than plonkers leading up to the finals - will develop form, fitness and confidence playing at a high intensity

The Round 23 match against Hawthorn at the MCG will be our 2nd game at the venue for the season

Timlely that its played before the finals

Given that our finals matches will be played at the 'G its important, the R23 match proves very important
    Season defining?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

My tips (also biased):

North — Win
    Sydney — Win
    Eagles — Loss
    Essendon — Either way
    Port — Win
    Hawthorn — Loss
    Fremantle — Either way.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty close to it but I think we'll account for Fremantle.How St. Kilda go against the Eagles this week may tell us something about what the Eagles are really like at the Docklands.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Think we are more a chance against hawthorn at the g than Essendon at etihad
    Big call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Big call.
    Half their side is out. From last time we played, we have players back and in better form while they have lost more.
    We don't match up well against Essendon.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a dream last night that we lost to North Melbourne.

Wasn't pleasant. On reflection, maybe the dream was a nightmare!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    My tips (also biased):

North — Win
    Sydney — Win
    Eagles — Loss
    Essendon — Either way
    Port — Win
    Hawthorn — Loss
    Fremantle — Either way.
    This is pretty close to it but I think we'll account for Fremantle.How St. Kilda go against the Eagles this week may tell us something about what the Eagles are really like at the Docklands.[/QUOTE]

I also agree with this but I would certainly rather play Fremantle this week than in round 24. Knowing our luck they will have their full roster back and be in some ripping form by then.

Edit: Same for Hawthorn in Round 23.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    This is pretty close to it but I think we'll account for Fremantle.How St. Kilda go against the Eagles this week may tell us something about what the Eagles are really like at the Docklands.
    I also agree with this but I would certainly rather play Fremantle this week than in round 24. Knowing our luck they will have their full roster back and be in some ripping form by then.

Edit: Same for Hawthorn in Round 23.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. Hawthorn still won't have a back line or Roughhead and the Docker's players who come back in will be underdone. Add to this that they are like a VFL side at Docklands.