Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 16 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    keep it simple, Coopers Pale Ale?
    You're on. Bet: They have to come within 2 goals of winning a game at the MCG. Wager: One slab of Cooper's Pale Ale.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, consider it done. I'll up it to 15 points (thats what bookies do so it seems fairer somehow.) 15 and under you win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I'll bet you a slab of your choice that they do.
    keep it simple, Coopers Pale Ale?
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    You're on. Bet: They have to come within 2 goals of winning a game at the MCG. Wager: One slab of Cooper's Pale Ale.
    Cool, consider it done. I'll up it to 15 points (thats what bookies do so it seems fairer somehow.) 15 and under you win.
    I can't remember the last time I saw a bet between posters on this forum.

Bookmarked.
    Last edited by westdog54; 11-07-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I can't remember the last time I saw a bet between posters on this forum.

Bookmarked.
    What did I have to do with it?
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A was a big fan of getting Sam Reid to the club. I certainly think we missed a good opportunity to add a KPP.
    Its certainly looking that way, and its done nothing to harm your reputation as a recruiter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    What did I have to do with it?
    Not quite sure, went a bit nuts with the multiquote button.

Edited now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Are you being serious or sarcastic?
    Completely serious .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Completely serious .
    OK.

Can you please explain then - how is coming last in the year of a compromised (heavily compromised) draft, causing a dramatic fall in revenue for your footy club and its stakeholders evidence of genius? I am legitimately interested.

He barely - barely - held onto his job at the end of last year and if it hadn't been for the revenue issues he almost certainly would have gone...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

OK.

Can you please explain then - how is coming last in the year of a compromised (heavily compromised) draft, causing a dramatic fall in revenue for your footy club and its stakeholders evidence of genius? I am legitimately interested.

He barely - barely - held onto his job at the end of last year and if it hadn't been for the revenue issues he almost certainly would have gone...
    Ah, dear, innocent mjp, you underestimate Worsfold's fox-like intellect...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Ah, dear, innocent mjp, you underestimate Worsfold's fox-like intellect...

Not far off the mark if you ask me. It wasn't by choice that he dropped the bundle last year, he attempted to implement a game plan based on what the the Pies and St. Kilda were doing with minor tweaks to suit the limitations of the players he had to work with. I don't think the players implemented the game plan to the satisfaction of the coaching staff. It's unfortunate that he bottomed out in a compromised draft, but it appears now that there was a very well conceived plan put in place last year that was subject to short term pain but long term gain.

It's all about success at football clubs, everything else comes second. You have to admire the way they are playing, regardless of your feelings for them. Who else gets the kudos for such a dramatic turn around if not Worsfold?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Not far off the mark if you ask me. It wasn't by choice that he dropped the bundle last year, he attempted to implement a game plan based on what the the Pies and St. Kilda were doing with minor tweaks to suit the limitations of the players he had to work with. I don't think the players implemented the game plan to the satisfaction of the coaching staff. It's unfortunate that he bottomed out in a compromised draft, but it appears now that there was a very well conceived plan put in place last year that was subject to short term pain but long term gain.

It's all about success at football clubs, everything else comes second. You have to admire the way they are playing, regardless of your feelings for them. Who else gets the kudos for such a dramatic turn around if not Worsfold?
    Wellllllll.....I cry BS.

What 'well conceived plan'? Unless the plan was 'wait for everyone to get fit (Kerr, Cox, Embley, Butler etc) and pray that things turned around. My feelings for WCE are pretty common knowledge however these days I deal with them on a weekly basis and have mellowed (a lot). I just struggle with the whole notion that Worsfold was a goat who should be sacked 12-months ago yet now everything that happened was all part of the plan???

It is just like Rocket making successful changes to our gameplan just as Cooney is fit and running and Higgins is back getting a kick.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

It is just like Rocket making successful changes to our gameplan just as Cooney is fit and running and Higgins is back getting a kick.
    I agree with the Cooney bit. Is it any wonder we struggled for the first 10 weeks with Cooney, Hall and Lake all hampered by injury? Get 2 of them back and we suddenly look like finalists.

Eade did make the decision to put Higgins into the backline so that was a strategic move which has worked.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I agree with the Cooney bit. Is it any wonder we struggled for the first 10 weeks with Cooney, Hall and Lake all hampered by injury? Get 2 of them back and we suddenly look like finalists.

Eade did make the decision to put Higgins into the backline so that was a strategic move which has worked.
    You forget to mention that Eade & the MC brought in Barlow, Dalhaus & Hooper which appears to have renergised the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Wellllllll.....I cry BS.

What 'well conceived plan'? Unless the plan was 'wait for everyone to get fit (Kerr, Cox, Embley, Butler etc) and pray that things turned around. My feelings for WCE are pretty common knowledge however these days I deal with them on a weekly basis and have mellowed (a lot). I just struggle with the whole notion that Worsfold was a goat who should be sacked 12-months ago yet now everything that happened was all part of the plan???

Kerr and Cox fit is certainly a big help, but Embley has been playing out of form for 2 years. Worsfold has come out publicly and said they were working on their version of the press so of course I wouldn't think this is BS? Why would I?

Can you tell me if it was insiders at the club calling for Woosha's head 12 months ago? Probably some those notorious sections of the media having a go because they were a basket case last year. That the Eagles finished on the bottom of the ladder last year and the Woosha is still head coach goes some way to telling me that they knew the deal.

So you're saying that the coach really has little to do with constructing and implementing the game plan and that it is exclusively dependent on the fitness of players that he can put on the park that governs this? This is almost rhetorical so please don't answer because I can't believe anyone would say this.

I don't know, I assess what I hear and draw an assumption, you're at the coal face so I'll take your premise as a given.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Goal after the siren but I'll take it.