Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Staying or Going?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Staying

60 62.50%
  • Going

36 37.50%
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Callan Ward - Staying or going?

Eade leaving is not a good thing for Callan

Post Thanks / Like

No idea how true this may be - part of the article from the attached is below. Along with Murph extra 2 years, it would be some welcome news in a bleak 24 hours if correct

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...heir-big-guns/

Exciting Western Bulldogs on-baller and handy goal-scoring forward Callan Ward is another who is continues to be linked with a switch to GWS the longer he fails to commit to staying at Whitten Oval in Melbourne’s western suburbs.

Ward, 21, is believed to be in final stages of negotiations with Dogs management with an offer believed to be approaching that which GWS put to the classy on-baller months ago.

It appears that if Ward is offered anything approaching the GWS deal the product of Williamstown and the local Bulldogs development district is likely to stay in Melbourne and reject the move to western Sydney.

While Ward appears more likely to stay at home the Giants also appear to be out of the running to win Collingwood pin-up boy Dale Thomas.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how true this is but according to the usual 'friend of a friend' with strong links to the Jets, Callan was seen as likely to.... STAY.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be unbelievable if true and something that would be talked about for generations.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    That would be unbelievable if true and something that would be talked about for generations.
    Chef I'm pinching your sig. I dig it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Chef I'm pinching your sig. I dig it.
    That's cool.
    The curse is dead.

Kretiukwasking Guest

Quote Originally Posted by remember54 View Post
    I don't know how true this is but according to the usual 'friend of a friend' with strong links to the Jets, Callan was seen as likely to.... STAY.
    Everything my family has is crossed......fingers, toes.....arms

Post Thanks / Like

If Ward stays, my faith is somewhat restored in the game of AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Ward, 21, is believed to be in final stages of negotiations with Dogs management with an offer believed to be approaching that which GWS put to the classy on-baller months ago.

It appears that if Ward is offered anything approaching the GWS deal the product of Williamstown and the local Bulldogs development district is likely to stay in Melbourne and reject the move to western Sydney.
    I love Ward and don't want him to go but if this is true i wouldn't be happy.
    How can we offer anything near to what GWS is and justify it? We will just lose another required player this year or next when there is no room in the cap to pay them and get nowhere near the compensation we deserve for them no doubt, whereas if we do lose Ward there is talk of us getting two first rounders which many would consider to be overs.
    We can't afford to blow our cap out in a bidding war with GWS, it's insanity of the highest order and will come back to bite us on the arse big time i fear.
    Sure in this situation we have to offer more than what Ward is really worth to keep him but there has to be a limit on that, put our best offer to him and then he decides whether he takes it or not, simple. If we keep raising our bid because he hasn't re-signed(which he has stated he wouldn't do til the end of the year afaik) we are asking for trouble.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    How can we offer anything near to what GWS is and justify it? We will just lose another required player this year or next when there is no room in the cap to pay them and get nowhere near the compensation we deserve for them no doubt, whereas if we do lose Ward there is talk of us getting two first rounders which many would consider to be overs.
    We can't afford to blow our cap out in a bidding war with GWS, it's insanity of the highest order and will come back to bite us on the arse big time i fear.
    Sure in this situation we have to offer more than what Ward is really worth to keep him but there has to be a limit on that, put our best offer to him and then he decides whether he takes it or not, simple. If we keep raising our bid because he hasn't re-signed(which he has stated he wouldn't do til the end of the year afaik) we are asking for trouble.
    I am not saying this is true but if Lake has said he wants out that would release a lot of money.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

So one telling thing from rockets interview on TFS. Is Cal Ward going to GWS? "He told me he is still 50-50 but I'd say he's going".

Thought this would be the case but now even more certain.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    What about the benefit to the club marketing-wise if Callan stays? It's a big vote of confidence, and could help the board sell the new-look Dogs to members.

Not everything a player offers is restricted to the grass inside the white lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    So one telling thing from rockets interview on TFS. Is Cal Ward going to GWS? "He told me he is still 50-50 but I'd say he's going".

Thought this would be the case but now even more certain.
    He also mentioned Harbrow and it seemed to me he's once bitten twice shy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    If my employer did something like that they would make up my mind for me. It wouldn't be favourable for them in case you were wondering.
    For the love of god don't compare a sport to the real world.
    For a start if the Harbrow scenario of last season happened in the workplace you'd get your two weeks notice and be out the door that day! If someone takes another job and resigns they get two weeks pay and leave at the end of the day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    For the love of god don't compare a sport to the real world.
    For a start if the Harbrow scenario of last season happened in the workplace you'd get your two weeks notice and be out the door that day! If someone takes another job and resigns they get two weeks pay and leave at the end of the day!
    Not always, at my school last year, two guys applied for, and were appointed to new positions in different schools (promotions) during the year, and both stayed out the year.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]