Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Staying or Going?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Staying

60 62.50%
  • Going

36 37.50%
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Callan Ward - Staying or going?

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Why bother stay for a 'refresh'? Definitely gone now IMO
    Agree.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by remember54 View Post
    With Cooney's injury Callan is our 2nd best midfielder at present. He is far more damaging than Boyd and Cross. It is not certain that Cooney will return to elite level, in fact if I had to bet on it I would be doubtful whether he can. Why wouldn't we be prepared to elevate him into the top 3 or 4 in payments? I appreciate we can't keep raising the stakes indefinitely but I would be comfortable with him being paid at that level, based on not only his performances this year, but that he is in an age group where we have a big gap looming, as so many of his contemporaries haven't come on.
    This.

I think we will be disappointed with the compensation (again). I cannot see us getting two first rounders.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the banker View Post
    Speculative. A bird in the hand is worth two in the draft.
    I think Ward is more valuable than Scully/Trengrove. Maybe not Nic Nat!
    But is Ward more valuable than Scully AND Trengrove?
    If we get two picks, that sways the ledger IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HKB View Post
    But is Ward more valuable than Scully AND Trengrove?
    If we get two picks, that sways the ledger IMO.
    That's the problem - it's a massive "if" that we get 2 first rounders. Trengrove has more upside than either of the 2 in question IMO and 2 first rounders would be enourmous overs. 1 first rounder would be a horrible result and unfair compensation however so essentially..... the AFL can bite my crank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    That's the problem - it's a massive "if" that we get 2 first rounders. Trengrove has more upside than either of the 2 in question IMO and 2 first rounders would be enourmous overs. 1 first rounder would be a horrible result and unfair compensation however so essentially..... the AFL can bite my crank.

Our President and our CEO should already be on the phone to the powers at be and demanding that if we loose Ward we be given adequate compensation

Whilst the AFL wants to grow in new territories like Western Sydney, they shouldnt forget about whats happening in their own backyard...

http://www.kpmg.com/au/en/issuesandi...-sep-2010.aspx

It’s official. The fastest growing region in Australia is no longer the Gold Coast but the Western edge of Melbourne, finds KPMG research.

The Western Bulldogs commissioned KPMG demographer, Bernard Salt, to undertake an analysis in order to better understand the Western Suburbs community. The analysis draws together official population estimates and forecasts, making comparisons with other regions throughout Australia. KPMG Partner Bernard Salt is one of Australia’s leading population analysts.

Post Thanks / Like

The footy show claim Barrett has news about about a meeting with Cal and the dogs very recently. Most likely won't be anything knowing Barrett, but it's interesting

Post Thanks / Like

My bet is he will say is still have not reached a decision. Will wait till end of year or possibly to see which coach we get

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, we brought forward a meeting, Cal said he's not going to say anything till the end of the year and the Dogs now believe he's gone. Nothing staggering or a big surprise

Post Thanks / Like

End of the year

Post Thanks / Like

For Christ sake Ward just announce you're going . This whole thing's been like Chinese water torture!!

Post Thanks / Like

Totally bullshit story from Barrett, purely to get some attention. They had a meeting. Wow. Nothing was decided or revealed. Awesome. Barrett, you suck…

I believe Callan: I think he hasn't made his mind up yet.

On the topic of compensation, with Dale Thomas re-signing, Ward would be their major signing. Surely we'd have to get 2 first-rounders.

Post Thanks / Like

Just confirms what we already know doesn't it? Its now got to the point that if Cal stays I'll be staggered.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Totally bullshit story from Barrett, purely to get some attention. They had a meeting. Wow. Nothing was decided or revealed. Awesome. Barrett, you suck…

On the topic of compensation, with Dale Thomas re-signing, Ward would be their major signing. Surely we'd have to get 2 first-rounders.
    Wouldn't get you're hopes up about the compensation 1 late first round pick if we're lucky.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

Are you serious?

You mean to tell me it takes him 12 months to decide whether he wants to leave for money or play for loyalty? I'm not judging his decision - I'd take the money too - but this is piss poor form. It doesn't take that long ... he would know by now what he's going to do. Hence silence. Hence "wait til the end of the year" whispers.

Post Thanks / Like

The day after Mad Monday we'll see Cal in a GWS jumper and footy can get *!*!*!*!ed.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.