Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hooper's wake up call

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...8/default.aspx

Looking forward to seeing SuperDooperHooper on the park gain , I hope he does win the Pressure Stat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hooper,s wake up call

This is what we want him to do plus kick a couple of goals.

Hooper instigated 16 pressure acts against the Demons - which ranked him fifth at the club for that game - and 20 versus Carlton, which had him third.

"It's defined by putting pressure on the opposition in our forward line; making them use quick kicks and keeping the ball in," he said.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great article on noticing the 1 percenters on forward line pressure, a lot the general public dont see I think and its a big part of winning and enthusiasm to a team.

I talk to his parents once in a while and with all the reports at xmas about Andrew they always said he did the work over xmas, it appears he did but it was about eating right.

As we can see by his natural build he would blow out easily but because of his build he can be very strong, its a balance to keep a close eye on.
    I think he is going to be good for us once he fits in completely with his team mates, well on his way.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The combination of Dahlhaus , Hooper, Grant and Jones as a zone unit denied Carlton the space needed to break laterally and find targets , if we had of been able to block Gibbs as well we could have won by a bigger margin . Now by end of the 3rd quarter both Dahlhaus and Hooper were higher up the ground to help us block and pressure Carlton rebounds and to link and support our movement into the forward 50 . Our zone pressure in different parts of the ground really broke Carlton mentally , they just could not complete any passages of play according to their game plan they just did not have the time or space

I am looking forward to seeing some confused North players after they have been tackled and harassed with that look on their face " Where did those little buggers come from " or " Where did those little buggers go "

Yes , I do like that combination of the Grominator and the Worminator

Post Thanks / Like

The article states he is down to 78kgs, does anyone know how many kgs he lost to get to that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    The article states he is down to 78kgs, does anyone know how many kgs he lost to get to that?
    From what I've heard he's down about 6kg's since the Pre-Season

Last edited by GVGjr; 17-07-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    From what I've heard he's down about 6kg's since the Pre-Season

He seems to have the right character to make the grade. To take it on the chin, not sulk and go out there and work his butt off to show the coaching staff that he really wants it shows he is made of the right stuff.
    I still have some question marks over him but his attitude doesn't seem to be one of them. If he keeps working his butt off with the right attitude he'll give himself every chance to become a regular senior player.
    Last edited by GVGjr; 17-07-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typos in quote

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hooper's wake up call

Personally I couldnt care what a plyers skinfold or weight is, we lost a brownlow medallist just because he failed in a sprint, not giving a player a game just because skinfolds or whatever are up is crap.
    As long as he is producing ...Greg Williams??
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    He seems to have the right character to make the grade. To take it on the chin, not sulk and go out there and work his butt off to show the coaching staff that he really wants it shows he is made of the right stuff.
    I still have some question marks over him but his attitude doesn't seem to be one of them. If he keeps working his butt off with the right attitude he'll give himself every chance to become a regular senior player.
    His attitude and character are the first two points Rocket speaks about when asked about young Andrews progress . As I've said before , his main problem is that he is in a group of players who can play a similar role , he just has to hit the stats sheet every time he's given an opportunity

Last edited by GVGjr; 17-07-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    His attitude and character are the first two points Rocket speaks about when asked about young Andrews progress . As I've said before , his main problem is that he is in a group of players who can play a similar role , he just has to hit the stats sheet every time he's given an opportunity

But if they dont show the hunger and enthusiasm he does then he is in and I would say its the reason he is in now.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Personally I couldnt care what a plyers skinfold or weight is, we lost a brownlow medallist just because he failed in a sprint, not giving a player a game just because skinfolds or whatever are up is crap.
    As long as he is producing ...Greg Williams??
    It wasn't about what his weight was specifically, it was the fact it was a greater figure than when he went away, indicating he'd slacked off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    It wasn't about what his weight was specifically, it was the fact it was a greater figure than when he went away, indicating he'd slacked off.
    Nah he is young he was just filling out...as i said before it wasnt the training he slacked off it was the eating, he is young and learning, first pre season after playing a game all part of learning, good to see he did learn.
    Bring back the biff