Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam Cooney lashed out at Brian Lake's knockers

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Cooney and Lake are best friends, Grant and Wira were best friends at the time of Wira getting traded.
    Do you really think Cooney is cut from the same cloth as Chris Grant?
    Remember, Lake still has two years to go on a contract and has been a star player for the club. I don't believe Cooney will simply fob it off if as just being part of the footy business if he was traded. He is defending him now because his character is being questioned and I think he would have an even stronger POV if he was moved on whilst still contracted.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I guess I just think Cooney is mature enough to understand the big picture if it came to that.
    Guess we will never agree, which is nothing new, but for what it's worth I've never regarded Cooney as mature.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Guess we will never agree, which is nothing new, but for what it's worth I've never regarded Cooney as mature.
    I thought the same thing, I do respect your opinion though.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think Cooney is cut from the same cloth as Chris Grant?
    Remember, Lake still has two years to go on a contract and has been a star player for the club. I don't believe Cooney will simply fob it off if as just being part of the footy business if he was traded. He is defending him now because his character is being questioned and I think he would have an even stronger POV if he was moved on whilst still contracted.

I tend to think Coons is maturing just a bit slower than others
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think Cooney is cut from the same cloth as Chris Grant? Remember, Lake still has two years to go on a contract and has been a star player for the club. I don't believe Cooney will simply fob it off if as just being part of the footy business if he was traded. He is defending him now because his character is being questioned and I think he would have an even stronger POV if he was moved on whilst still contracted.
    Chris is god in my eyes, so no.

And I don't want to trade Lake, I just don't think Cooney would drop his bundle and want out if we(and Brian) thought trading Brian was going to be good for our club(and him).

Is Adam still close with Eagleton after the Lake/Eagleton mess?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see another public show of support from the playing group. Here's hoping Briza can get on top of whatever is keeping him out of the side. FWIW I reckon, apart from Eskygate, Cooney is doing well in his role.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I know your opinion is formed on how he conducts himself at club functions etc.

However the way Adam has supported his family and step daughter is to be admired. At such a young age he took on a great responsibility, one he did not need to.

So perhaps Adam isn't mature in the way needed to lead a football club but he is mature beyond his years in other ways.

Again my opinion and I assume like yours is formed from afar.

Post Thanks / Like

Put Lake away for the season!
    Get him cherry ripe for next season,tonight emphasized the need for a fit Lake!

Post Thanks / Like

Sheedy said he ripped the guts out of Essendon by trading out Steve Carey and Peter Bradbury.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't think that Cooney would have no end of other clubs interested in him when he is coming out of contract?
    I think he is that close to Lake that if he thought Brian was harshly dealt and there was little to no loyalty displayed at the club it could very well come into consideration for him at his next contract.
    After reading the article, I have doubts on whether his knee will hold up for him to play another 7 years. It sounds like it could be over in a few years or he could be lucky and play until 30.
    Either way, it is not convincing when he does not know if he is going to play each week.
    When he is 27yo, Im not too sure a club would want to invest in someone with a history of a dodgy knee that is supposedly hanging by a thread (well that is how I read it)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I know your opinion is formed on how he conducts himself at club functions etc.

However the way Adam has supported his family and step daughter is to be admired. At such a young age he took on a great responsibility, one he did not need to.

So perhaps Adam isn't mature in the way needed to lead a football club but he is mature beyond his years in other ways.

Again my opinion and I assume like yours is formed from afar.
    I guess it depends on what your perception of being mature is, to me raising someone else child as your own is a very mature thing for a young man to do.

Gary, may I ask what Cooney has done for you to label him as not being mature?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Great that Cooney spoke out. Would love Brian to give an in depth interview to give us perspective.

He is a star of the Club and supporters would love to get confirmation from him on his enthusiasm for the game and the club and his determination to get over his injuries.

We wish Brian speed in his return to his best form and enjoyment of the game.
    WesternOval'61

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Sheedy said he ripped the guts out of Essendon by trading out Steve Carey and Peter Bradbury.
    So, trading is the devil's work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    So, trading is the devil's work?
    Damn straight it is.