Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The who do we want and what will it take thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    At Minson's age, Hudson was starting his AFL career - he's just hitting his prime and will be needed next year.
    Minson is (only) a no 1 ruckman, whilst Cordy & Roughy can play the no 2 role. I'd be more confident of Minson playing 22 games next year than either of Roughead or Cordy.
    This. Minno's value to us far exceeds his value on the open market. He will thrive in the no.1 ruck role next year, similar to how Jamar took the next step last year. Will and Roughy to tag team, with both providing a marking option up forward when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

So everyone is assuming that the club will make Hudson retire?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    So everyone is assuming that the club will make Hudson retire?
    Not sure if the club will but I am assuming they do. The sub rule has come at the worst possible time for workhorse ruckmen like Huddo who don't have other strings to their bow. He has been sensational for us but I fear that father time has caught up with him in 2011. None of that is to diminish the fact that the Bulldogs went from a bottom 2 clearance and contested possession winning team to top 2 the minute that Huddo came to the club, and his 2nd and 3rd efforts in at the stoppages was a massive factor in this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Fair enough. What about as a high lead up (on the wings) option like Murphyy was before he went back?
    Does he have the foot skills, agility and creativity do play this role
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    We can all name good player we like at other clubs. However if they are already well respected/getting a game at their club what chance do we have of getting them given we are struggling with the cap.
    I recall you bringing this up a few seasons back during the silly season. Surely we can all speculate, its not as if we are saying we should make a play for Judd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Lake to Sydney, Trent Dennis Lane (from Subi and wants to go home) and a pick to W.C and Mitch Brown to the Bulldogs.
    Has Lake really slipped that far? Our own thinking on Tippett seems to contradict suggestions that we trade Lake after one bad year
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I recall you bringing this up a few seasons back during the silly season. Surely we can all speculate, its not as if we are saying we should make a play for Judd.
    Ok we are gonna get Hurn and/or Dangerfield for a round 1 and hill, meanwhile magically freeing up the salary cap and completely forget we were dudded in trades last year. There is speculation then there is stuff thats a million to 1.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer we steer clear of trading for other players next season and just draft kids. If we need to offload and someone can give us a decent pick, then take the pick and pickup another kid.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I prefer we steer clear of trading for other players next season and just draft kids. If we need to offload and someone can give us a decent pick, then take the pick and pickup another kid.
    I have heard that this draft is extremely shallow so unless we get our hands on some top 30 picks I can't see us getting much value from our late picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I have heard that this draft is extremely shallow so unless we get our hands on some top 30 picks I can't see us getting much value from our late picks.
    Who is worth a top 30 pick?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who is worth a top 30 pick?
    James Fantasia thinks Josh Hill is.... so that means everyone on our list is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Ok we are gonna get Hurn and/or Dangerfield for a round 1 and hill, meanwhile magically freeing up the salary cap and completely forget we were dudded in trades last year. There is speculation then there is stuff thats a million to 1.
    How much room in the salary cap will we have, Barry Hall ( retired ) , Hill ( not resigned * ) , Addison ( not resigned * )

That should be enough to bring in Shannon Hurn and Bryce Retzlaff , quality defender and tall strong key position prospect ,

* Hypothetical

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    James Fantasia thinks Josh Hill is.... so that means everyone on our list is.
    haha, good one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    How much room in the salary cap will we have, Barry Hall ( retired ) , Hill ( not resigned * ) , Addison ( not resigned * )

That should be enough to bring in Shannon Hurn and Bryce Retzlaff , quality defender and tall strong key position prospect ,

* Hypothetical

There is no way west coast will let Shannon Hurn go. He will nearly win their B&F.

If they do let him go it will cost us a bucket load of cash and highly talented players and draft picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Has Lake really slipped that far? Our own thinking on Tippett seems to contradict suggestions that we trade Lake after one bad year
    I'm the one who has pushed the Tippett wheelbarrow so I'll try to answer this one -- one is a injured 30-something year old that hasn't played all year, another is an out-of-form/developing 24-year old KPF prospect (that is probably untradeable, and would be other than the fact that he has played so badly this year that both player and team may look for a chance for a fresh start at the right price).

My statement makes it sound like my opinion is cut and dry, but of course it isn't, just pointing out the distinction. I reserve the right to be completely inconsistent from player to player!