Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The who do we want and what will it take thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Reason Remi? Try to just picture him without black and white stripes for a second and be objective.....
    Don't think he's up to it . Can't get a gig at an injury ravaged side,also doesn't work hard enough when he hasn't got the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Don't think he's up to it . Can't get a gig at an injury ravaged side,also doesn't work hard enough when he hasn't got the ball.

If we get him super cheap, shave his head, beat him up a bit so he didn't sulk so much, might work. ^_^
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

No no no no no

Post Thanks / Like

Being serious, after today's game it's glaringly obvious we are going to have some huge challenges.

What the hell is going on with Vezpremi?

North and WC have in common, large bodied players able to contest in the air. We need a cloke, another minson, or other to up our physical presence IMO
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Being serious, after today's game it's glaringly obvious we lack kicking power.
    We have too many players who seem to futz around the 50 arc.
    Was happy to see stack and Barlow have a stab at it today.
    We are going to miss Baz. huge gaping hole on the way.
    With a bit of luck and a good pre season who knows we may have a replacement if he can stay on the park.

Tom Hill
    'A mobile tall forward originally from Preston and the Northern Knights with deceptive speed, clean hands and good ground skills. Was identified by Greater Western Sydney and moved north but managed just one game because of a knee injury. Will improve as he adds bulk.'
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Jones, Roughead, Cordy and T.Hill are all potential big marking forwards. Our problem is who can stop the oppositions big marking forwards from kicking bags of goals. With Lake out, guys like Petrie and Kennedy make fools of us.

Cordy's apparent ability to play back , forward or in the ruck could be immense value for us. How many other payers are that versatile?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Jones, Roughead, Cordy and T.Hill are all potential big marking forwards. Our problem is who can stop the oppositions big marking forwards from kicking bags of goals. With Lake out, guys like Petrie and Kennedy make fools of us.

Cordy's apparent ability to play back , forward or in the ruck could be immense value for us. How many other payers are that versatile?
    If his shoulders hold he's a pancea for us but we've got a whole lot of our future eggs in Cordy's basket. Think we need to go for youth and we clearly need to find two fast outside mid's and another tall back. If Ward goes IMO we hold onto both 1st rounders (assuming we get two ) for 2012 and go nuts for the above with the three first round picks. ONLY REASON I'd veer from that plan would be if Dangerfield is (a) available (b) sees us as a fit and (c) can be got for 1 first rounder plus Josh "I don't believe in pressure" Hill.

Post Thanks / Like

I want Trent McKenzie as a young, outside mid who can kick. Offer GCS J. Grant + second round pick.

The other thing I want is to go aggressively after one of Collingwoods outside mids or medium defenders - they have bazillions of them. My preference would be Wellingham or Toovey - but I understand Goldsack is the one out of contract. Pre-season draft - pay over the odds...they will be pushing the salary cap as it is.

Who else is worth targeting in the PSD? There are some other high draft picks floating around who we should be talking too...Lewis Jetta should be out-of-contract at Sydney, so too Andrew Moore at Port Adelaide - why is it only GWS who can make other clubs 2009 draft picks pay offers?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

was reading about Ahmed Saad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0NcVwehTI

Carlton don't want him. Plenty of pace and pep. GWS will be gunning for him though with his background and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Being serious, after today's game it's glaringly obvious we are going to have some huge challenges.

North and WC have in common, large bodied players able to contest in the air. We need a cloke, another minson, or other to up our physical presence IMO

Are you saying we should look at The Chad?

I know I am!

Post Thanks / Like

The same thing that is happening with Everitt, they are just not up to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by staphy View Post
    The same thing that is happening with Everitt, they are just not up to it.
    Disagree about Veszpremi, on natural ability alone he has what it takes. Whether he is willing to work hard and get really fit, that is another question..........
    Initially I thought it would be good for him to get a game, now I think its better that he does not play and make him earn it.
    I would give him a token game at the end of the season and tell him this is how hard you need to work otherwise we will move you on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Disagree about Veszpremi, on natural ability alone he has what it takes. Whether he is willing to work hard and get really fit, that is another question..........
    Initially I thought it would be good for him to get a game, now I think its better that he does not play and make him earn it.
    I would give him a token game at the end of the season and tell him this is how hard you need to work otherwise we will move you on.
    I've got a dozen mates with AFL natural ability but who simply didn't have willpower needed to stay totally focussed. Apparently this bloke has been trying since pre-Sydney draft to find the endevour to commit his body to the requirements of an AFL life but he hasn't managed to find that extra bit that turns potential into reality. I'll give him one more pre-season and one more year to prove he can do it but I hold far better hope for some of our other potential forwards (Hill, Skinner etc...)

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt they would trade him but I think Petrenko is ready to boom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Are you saying we should look at The Chad?

I know I am!
    Why not? Looks ok on Youtube. Can kick them outside 50 with some confidence. Any other views on this player from those that have watched him?