Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake finished for season

Just read on twitter that Higgins may miss the rest of the year with a Knee injury

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    Just read on twitter that Higgins may miss the rest of the year with a Knee injury

A reliable source? OMG that guy is jinxed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by remember54 View Post

A reliable source? OMG that guy is jinxed!
    Sports news first

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...acl-says-eade/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    Shut the front door !!!! , Holy Flaming Lascivious Left-Handed Latvian Librarians Bat Man

All right , own up , who the hell broke the mirror

Post Thanks / Like

They say that bad luck comes in threes.... I reckon we've got three lots of three this season West Dog!
    Someone at the club walked under a ladder whilst carrying a mirror, spotted a black cat and tripped over when he noticed the irony of the situation.... and all on the 13th of a month!!

Seriously though, these outs open the door yet again for some of our kids and more importantly forces our coaching staff to think about fast tracking youth and playing around with tactics/game plans to suit the future personnel.

The benefit of this is we will learn some things about some of our kids in the next few weeks that give us a jump on our planning for next year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    Shut the front door !!!! , Holy Flaming Lascivious Left-Handed Latvian Librarians Bat Man

All right , own up , who the hell broke the mirror

Who* parked the Tardis at WO, and then sent it back to 2007?
    Last edited by Dry Rot; 27-07-2011 at 01:42 AM. Reason: *Just realised my bad pun.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Is there not a cut off date which is inline with the cut off date for elevating rookies to the senior list?
    There is and this was my concern. It's listed as being the Thursday before Rd 18 but that's assuming a 22 round season. What I'm not sure about is if it's been moved back 2 rounds because it's a 24 rd season or if it stands at Rd 18. Given that the midyear point to upgrade a rookie for free stayed the same this season, I have to suspect that the deadline for upgrading rookies has passed and we won't be able to do so anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    There is and this was my concern. It's listed as being the Thursday before Rd 18 but that's assuming a 22 round season. What I'm not sure about is if it's been moved back 2 rounds because it's a 24 rd season or if it stands at Rd 18. Given that the midyear point to upgrade a rookie for free stayed the same this season, I have to suspect that the deadline for upgrading rookies has passed and we won't be able to do so anymore.
    Bugger. I wanted Panos to have a run.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Should we ice all our stars, start pre-season early and get a jump on last season's finalists?
    West Coast put the cue in the rack early last year too IIRC
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Should we ice all our stars, start pre-season early and get a jump on last season's finalists?
    West Coast put the cue in the rack early last year too IIRC
    Can't see the point when mathematically we can still make finals. I know its an outside chance but no team is going to give up now when there is still a slim chance.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    My opinion is that he'll never get back to AA form and we should cut our losses.
    Do you think the same way about Cooney? He'll never be what he was due to his injury. There is another big contract?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    Do you think the same way about Cooney? He'll never be what he was due to his injury. There is another big contract?
    Well maybe, it's something that has crossed my mind a few times while reading about his knee issues.

Coons is a lot younger than Lake and I think if we can manage him a bit better he can produce some very good football. Less time in the middle and more time as a forward would be a good way to lessen the load.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Well maybe, it's something that has crossed my mind a few times while reading about his knee issues.

Coons is a lot younger than Lake and I think if we can manage him a bit better he can produce some very good football. Less time in the middle and more time as a forward would be a good way to lessen the load.
    Screw the loyalty, hey?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough times ahead I fear. Perhaps our two best players with doubtful futures and our best forward retiring.

This will test the club and the patience of supporters. Expect to see a substantial drop off in social club membership revenue next year.

All clubs need hope. I don't have a lot right now. Sorry for the downer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Screw the loyalty, hey?
    What do you mean? A question was asked I answered it.

Because I've thought about moving Cooney on I'm saying screw loyalty? I'd love Cooney to finish his career as a Bulldog.