Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest Aker claims Dog Eade

Controversial ex-Bulldog and Lion Jason Akermanis claims the Western Bulldogs' general manager of football, James Fantasia, has twice met with Essendon assistant coach Simon Goodwin - without the Dogs' consent - to discuss the former Crow taking over from Rodney Eade as coach.

More here

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...728-1i1ih.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Latest Aker claims Dog Eade

why bother?
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Aker might have done the club a favour with this article. Whether or not the claims about Fantasia are true, it is good to see Fantasia's accountability being publicly brought into question instead of hiding behind the shadows.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder who is his source with this one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Wonder who is his source with this one?
    The fairy at the end of the garden

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Aker might have done the club a favour with this article. Whether or not the claims about Fantasia are true, it is good to see Fantasia's accountability being publicly brought into question instead of hiding behind the shadows.
    Yes, much better for all private club dealings to be done via the media and disgruntled ex-players.

Who is Fantasia accountable to?
    His job is to get the best man for the job.
    If he believes Eade may be leaving (or not being extended), it would not be unusual for someone in his position to be assessing the market to see who's interested / available.

The bigger issue is clearly who at the club is stoopid enough to be leaking stuff to "he who must not be named"

Essendon's template for acquiring James Hird set a new standard of confidentiality and keeping stuff in-house

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    The fairy at the end of the garden

It must be because I doubt he would have many mates in AFL circles

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he would be doing it without the dogs consent if he was doing it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Considering we don't have a coach for 2012 yet, I would hope we would be trying to find and get the best available person.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Groenewagon View Post
    Yes, much better for all private club dealings to be done via the media and disgruntled ex-players.

Who is Fantasia accountable to?
    His job is to get the best man for the job.
    If he believes Eade may be leaving (or not being extended), it would not be unusual for someone in his position to be assessing the market to see who's interested / available.

The bigger issue is clearly who at the club is stoopid enough to be leaking stuff to "he who must not be named"

Essendon's template for acquiring James Hird set a new standard of confidentiality and keeping stuff in-house
    I don't know if this article by Akermanis has any legs or not but the one thing that I don't believe should be happening is for Fantasia to be contacting anyone at other clubs along the lines of if they are interested in coaching us or not.

He is the GM of football operations for the club and the coaching situation is more of a board decision not his. I would have thought he would have a lot more to be focused on than this.

He should not be working behind the scenes to canvass potential coaches unless he has been instructed by Simon Garlick and I'd be surprised if he has received the green light to do so.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thats my point he wouldnt be doing it without the dogs knowing.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't know if this article by Akermanis has any legs or not but the one thing that I don't believe should be happening is for Fantasia to be contacting anyone at other clubs along the lines of if they are interested in coaching us or not.

He is the GM of football operations for the club and the coaching situation is more of a board decision not his. I would have thought he would have a lot more to be focused on than this.

He should not be working behind the scenes to canvass potential coaches unless he has been instructed by Simon Garlick and I'd be surprised if he has received the green light to do so.
    Apparently(according to the guys on FOX) he lived with Fantasia for three months when he first moved to Melbourne and they have been friends for years.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm tipping that knowing each other they'd catch up .
    He's such a bitter little twerp, full of vitriol and venom!
    Two clubs -no friends