Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade will opt for the younger players

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    In what role GD?

He tries really hard and does a couple of things, but I just thing he is the classic JOAT and master of none. I really cannot see where he plays long-term.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Has the physical attributes of an Ash Hansen, hit up centre half forward. With Bazza gone next year and Grant seemingly gone backwards might allow Jones to play closer to goal and have the resting ruck down there as well. I tend to agree though that he doesnt do enough to warrant a spot as a gap filler.
    No he hasn't Hansen could at least hold his ground as well and could take chest marks. Barlow does everything but not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Barlow is a potato
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    This.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I didn't make the comment based on Saturday. I made the comment based on his overall crappiness at Sydney and at the Dogs.

He cannot catch.

He is a potato.
    This.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I re-watched the WC game last night and I thought Stack played very well and did little wrong. I think his decision making is getting better as he gains more experience. He is very athletic and has some good skills. The 60 metre kick off one step to nail a goal was brilliant as was the 40 metre grass cutter pass to hit Hall on the chest.
    Oh I like Stack, don't get me wrong -- I'm not one of his regular potters here. I just noticed some similarities (at this stage in his career) with Farren's tendencies to handball to no one when he was forced to make a decision.

Maybe I'm more lenient on Stack because he wasn't drafted at no.4, but I think he has a future if given a role to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Oh I like Stack, don't get me wrong -- I'm not one of his regular potters here. I just noticed some similarities (at this stage in his career) with Farren's tendencies to handball to no one when he was forced to make a decision.

Maybe I'm more lenient on Stack because he wasn't drafted at no.4, but I think he has a future if given a role to play.
    Yeah the Farren Ray comparism is a good one. Another player who probably unfairly was called soft. Thank god Stack at least doesn't use his left foot at every possible opportunity.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Yeah the Farren Ray comparism is a good one. Another player who probably unfairly was called soft. Thank god Stack at least doesn't use his left foot at every possible opportunity.
    Still one of the strangest things I've seen...