Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Demons sack Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I dont know how much of it is true, but its from Caroline Wilson.
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...801-1i8az.html

We should seriously look to recruit some of the Melbourne players. Nathan Jones, Brad Green or Jared Rivers. Rivers would be an ideal replacement for Hall.
    Nathan Jones is an inside player of which we have an abundance - no thanks
    Brad Green is in the twilight if his career, Gia plays a similar role- no thanks
    Jarrad Rivers is injury prone and offers us nothing more than Williams- no thanks. He plays centre half back and can't ever recall him playing forward in his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a thread here on Bailey's tanking admission? Adrian Anderson has been trying to spin it (of course), but how an organisation can pretend to ignore something that everyone knows is happening is beyond me.

If a time-keeper betting $1 gets 5 weeks off, Heath Shaw betting $10 gets 8 weeks, what does an entire club systemically rorting the system get? (Kicked out for a year? Exclusion from the draft for the next 5?) What does the AFL get for running a corrupt, compromised competition and persistently refusing to deal with a KEY issue of integrity for a sporting contest?

Are they being stubborn with refusing to change the draft rules because it would be an implicit admission of guilt? Are they liable for a legal challenge? A class action brought against them by AFL betting agencies or regular punters? Someone should test this in court.

Post Thanks / Like

James Frawley played full forward along with Simon Garland, Matthew Bate played full back against St Kilda.
    Tell me that is not tanking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    James Frawley played full forward along with Simon Garland, Matthew Bate played full back against St Kilda.
    Tell me that is not tanking?
    Well it is. Bailey admitted it.

Anderson just didn't have the goolies to do anything about it.

I am continually astonished how the AFL can simply disregard reality and pretend the world is how they want it to be rather than how it actually is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Is there a thread here on Bailey's tanking admission? Adrian Anderson has been trying to spin it (of course), but how an organisation can pretend to ignore something that everyone knows is happening is beyond me.

If a time-keeper betting $1 gets 5 weeks off, Heath Shaw betting $10 gets 8 weeks, what does an entire club systemically rorting the system get? (Kicked out for a year? Exclusion from the draft for the next 5?) What does the AFL get for running a corrupt, compromised competition and persistently refusing to deal with a KEY issue of integrity for a sporting contest?

Are they being stubborn with refusing to change the draft rules because it would be an implicit admission of guilt? Are they liable for a legal challenge? A class action brought against them by AFL betting agencies or regular punters? Someone should test this in court.
    Even the very stubborn KB said this morning that he can no longer say that Melbourne did not tank.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The problem is that if Viney sneaks them into the finals then they will be hard pressed to appoint someone else. Perhaps it was an untenable position but the short term appointments can limit a clubs options later on.
    Problem solved, Viney doesn't want the job full time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post

They can turn around and plead ignorance, and that's exactly why AA is denying and spinning.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's get some of their better players. and why not Baily as an assistant?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Let's get some of their better players. and why not Baily as an assistant?
    How do you propose we do that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How do you propose we do that?
    You ask alot of questions. Perhaps offer them Shaun Higgins if he is not happy at the dogs, how does that sound?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    You ask alot of questions. Perhaps offer them Shaun Higgins if he is not happy at the dogs, how does that sound?
    And if Shaun is happy at the Dogs what do we do then?

Oh sorry... I asked another question.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me if I have heard right... The players approached the board, said they didnt respect Schwab he was sacked on the Friday, after the result on weekend the club reversed the Schwab decision and sacked Bailey?
    Now I am confused on a couple of things.. If the players knew Schwab was sacked why the shocking display on the weekend that didnt at all help the coaches position?
    Maybe they liked Bailey because he was too easy on them?
    Can anyone make sense of this?
    From what I hear about Viney they are certainly going to learn to do it hard, talking to an ex team mate of his he says Vineys a good bloke but he wont take crap.
    Might be what they need.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    And if Shaun is happy at the Dogs what do we do then?

Oh sorry... I asked another question.
    Well I dont think they will want an more first round picks, so we do not deal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Tell me if I have heard right... The players approached the board, said they didnt respect Schwab he was sacked on the Friday, after the result on weekend the club reversed the Schwab decision and sacked Bailey?Now I am confused on a couple of things.. If the players knew Schwab was sacked why the shocking display on the weekend that didnt at all help the coaches position?
    Maybe they liked Bailey because he was too easy on them?
    Can anyone make sense of this?
    From what I hear about Viney they are certainly going to learn to do it hard, talking to an ex team mate of his he says Vineys a good bloke but he wont take crap.
    Might be what they need.

Probably cheaper (considering their respective contracts), easier to replace, and would generate less media attention sacking the coach mid season rather than the CEO

Melbourne cant let the tail wag the dog - even though the tail has just dropped off
    Last edited by BulldogBelle; 03-08-2011 at 03:52 PM.