Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Is Callan going to GWS?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Going?

25 64.10%
  • Staying?

14 35.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Callan going to GWS?

Well we have a month of footy left and I'm interested to hear from all those WOOFERS who voted on the 'Is Callan leaving poll' to assess if there has been any change of heart on this matter. This poll is just to assess if WOOFERS have changed their mind. It would be best to keep general discussion about this topic central to chef's existing thread.

So, where are we at now? Is there any variation to the 75% staying and 25% going ratio as per the existing poll?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Callan going to GWS?

Going. If the GWS offer is as ridiculous as reported, he'd be mad if he didn't.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems similar to Harbrow's situation, in that the less we hear, the worse it is.

I'll be devastated.

Post Thanks / Like

I have swung around 100%, gone for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Players dont generally switch for money, they switch for success

GWS wont be playing finals until 2016-2017 at least so good luck to Callan in ever playing in a GF - because I doubt GWS ability to attract and retain players soley for dollars and reach a GF in the foreseeable future

If he leaves good luck to him - it will just consolidate the fact that poorer clubs like us, Melbourne and North will continue to suffer and loose players like we have throughout our whole existence, and it will make it even tougher for us to ever win another flag...

If we get 2 first round draft picks for him then I wont be complaining though

Ward and Scully will be hunted men every match they play - they are going to earn all of the extra money that they are payed via the extra attention the opposition will pay to them....and I hope they enjoy the multiple >100 point thrashings that will be handed out to them week-on-week in 2012 and enjoy all of the bumps and sledging that is coming their way as having to carry the midfield as 21 year olds.
    Last edited by BulldogBelle; 08-08-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't changed my mind - he is not going anywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Haven't changed my mind - he is not going anywhere!!!
    I'm with you. I reckon he'll stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Gone.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if he's decided yet but like most men his age I'd be surprised if he chose less money over more regardless of the loyalty factor. I also reckon Connors will be whispering in his ear, driving him to the airport and buying the ticket to Sydney himself to get it done. He's probably got the pen ready to hand to Cal (if it was allowable to sign now of course )
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I don't know if he's decided yet but like most men his age I'd be surprised if he chose less money over more regardless of the loyalty factor. I also reckon Connors will be whispering in his ear, driving him to the airport and buying the ticket to Sydney himself to get it done. He's probably got the pen ready to hand to Cal (if it was allowable to sign now of course )

Connors is probably clicking a pen in Callan's ear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Well we have a month of footy left and I'm interested to hear from all those WOOFERS who voted on the 'Is Callan leaving poll' to assess if there has been any change of heart on this matter. This poll is just to assess if WOOFERS have changed their mind. It would be best to keep general discussion about this topic central to chef's existing thread.

So, where are we at now? Is there any variation to the 75% staying and 25% going ratio as per the existing poll?
    I voted he was going from the start and still think the same. He's playing like a man with his mind at ease ATM IMO.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS is a "We're only in it for thr Money" option. I have a feeling he will stay as his future with the Bulldogs looks assured. He has developed brilliantly this year and looks that even next year he could match Griff and Cooney (hopefully) a the most valuable players in the club.

Without knowing his leadership qualities, Captaincy following Boyd may be a possibilty. I am sure the $$ over the years at the Dogs will be enough.

The lifestyle between playing for GWS and The Dogs is worlds apart.
    WesternOval'61

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't decide a month ago but now I'm sure he's gone. The longer it goes the worse it looks (for us).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I voted he was going from the start and still think the same. He's playing like a man with his mind at ease ATM IMO.
    Interesting theory.

He's hamming up his asking price with a few BOG performances in the second half of the year if you ask me.

The ratio is taking a downward turn from the one you started a month ago Chef.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Couldn't decide a month ago but now I'm sure he's gone. The longer it goes the worse it looks (for us).
    I hope not but that's what my head is saying.