Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Is Callan going to GWS?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Going?

25 64.10%
  • Staying?

14 35.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Callan going to GWS?

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Interesting theory.

He's hamming up his asking price with a few BOG performances in the second half of the year if you ask me.

The ratio is taking a downward turn from the one you started a month ago Chef.
    It certainly has and I was going to ask a Mod to reset the pole, but don't have to now. I think a lot more people will be voting with their heads and not their hearts now. He certainly doesn't seem to have the weight of the world on his shoulders with the way he is playing currently and in my mind he knows what he will be doing next year.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    It certainly has and I was going to ask a Mod to reset the pole, but don't have to now. I think a lot more people will be voting with their heads and not their hearts now. He certainly doesn't seem to have the weight of the world on his shoulders with the way he is playing currently and in my mind he knows what he will be doing next year.
    Agreed. Sorry if it seemed like I was stepping on your toes with this one. I was just thinking about it last night and was curious to hear where people are at with their thoughts on this matter, so I set up a new poll. Cheers.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Going, going, gone unfortunately.

I just wish I could be put out of our misery. It's like not hearing back after a job interview. You know when a few weeks have passed and you haven't got a rejection letter/had a phone call that you haven't got the job, but [in my way too optimistic mind] there is still a tiny squeak of hope since you haven't formally been told no.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - I thought he'd stay - but now my feeling is that he is gone....unfortunately.

Its too much money. Scully will go, Ward will go, Davis already went - the figures are outrageous.

Post Thanks / Like

Going. It has dragged on way too long.

Post Thanks / Like

The silence now appears deafening. The lag to have Callan commit to us has changed my opinion. Was hopeful but now fear he's gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if he goes I will be booing him just as I boo Harbrow now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Well if he goes I will be booing him just as I boo Harbrow now.
    And unfortunately a lot more often.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to miss him too if he goes. Some of his acts of pure will and just wanting the ball more than anyone else have started to really come out and it's a joy to watch. He's shown he can impose himself on a game at times and he's fast become a favourite.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

If Cal goes I'm going to blame my son. For Xmas 2009 he got money & decided to buy 2 new footy jumpers; a a blue one & a white one. He then decided to get a number on each. Have a guess at which numbers? Yup, you guessed it!

85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Going. If the GWS offer is as ridiculous as reported, he'd be mad if he didn't.
    Was selwood mad as well?
    Players want success, not money.

In Gabletts case they set up his family on the GCst. His old man is getting a gig, as is his brother. Different kettle of fish.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I voted he was going from the start and still think the same. He's playing like a man with his mind at ease ATM IMO.
    I too voted no, only because I was sick of fence sitting and thought it was only my heart that was telling me he would stay.

Your quote could work both ways ... Maybe he mind is at ease because he has decided to stay ... I hope so, I really do think he is our future.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    If Cal goes I'm going to blame my son. For Xmas 2009 he got money & decided to buy 2 new footy jumpers; a a blue one & a white one. He then decided to get a number on each. Have a guess at which numbers? Yup, you guessed it!

He's jinxed the band. If he's got a 16 we're in a whole lot of trouble.

Can I give your boy some new number suggestions for Xmas 2011 ?
    Last edited by Doc26; 08-08-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

I'll be very positive and say that your son is a very good judge of 200 game bulldog players in Callan Ward and Luke Dahlhaus, he was just out with his timing on number 40.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    He's jinxed the band. If he's got a 16 we're in a whole lot of trouble.

Can I give your boy some new number suggestions for Xmas 2012 ?
    What's Hills number?