Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade's future in the hands of Top Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Why should we be dictated to by the threat of what other clubs might do?

Unless we are as good as a 100% certain we will either reappoint him or let him go I don't think we should rush the decision. Market pressures are always there but it's not a sufficient threat to make hasty decision. As we all know it's an important decision and whilst we obviously can't dawdle, unless Rocket demands a decision now we should complete a thorough review. I'd give it 2 weeks to be completed.

I think there is more cause for concern about if we have the right people making this decision rather than what the Melbourne FC might do.

I was very surprised to read that Fantasia was one of the committee
    So was I. I was a bit let down.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade's future in the hands of Top Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Having Fantasia on the panel could be a massive positive for Eade, should they get into a negotiation Eade might walk out of the room with a 5 year, $8 million deal, and Fantasia's pants!
    Plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the process. The club has said all along that the review will take place at the end of the year and that is what they are doing.
    Nothing wrong with having a review process, but the review should be of the whole football department, ie. including a review of Fantasia's position and performance. To me, this isn't thorough enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Why should we be dictated to by the threat of what other clubs might do?

I think there is more cause for concern about if we have the right people making this decision rather than what the Melbourne FC might do.

I was very surprised to read that Fantasia was one of the committee.
    Agree with that.

From media interviews it appears Rocket very much wants to stay involved with the club, and I'm sure Melbourne, and to a lesser extent the Crows, will both go through their own processes and probably won't be in a position to make an offer to any potential coaches until the close of the season anyway.

The club needs to make the right decision, and if that means waiting until seasons end for the decision to be finalised, so be it.

I do share the same concerns re the review though.