Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Round 21 games

Post Thanks / Like

Round 21 games

I was looking forward to having a look at the Collingwood v StKilda game tonight, but alas channel 7 strikes right away in the first Qtr.

Daisy stuffed a kick something shocking on the camera wing which grubbs along the ground, and Bruce's response (quote)"Thomas goes down the line". WTF?

Then Maxwell takes a dive Greg Louganis would be proud of off a Gilbert nudge and Ch7s commentry states "Gilbert should know better than that giving away a free".

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 21 games

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    I was looking forward to having a look at the Collingwood v StKilda game tonight, but alas channel 7 strikes right away in the first Qtr.

Daisy stuffed a kick something shocking on the camera wing which grubbs along the ground, and Bruce's response (quote)"Thomas goes down the line". WTF?

Then Maxwell takes a dive Greg Louganis would be proud of off a Gilbert nudge and Ch7s commentry states "Gilbert should know better than that giving away a free".
    Would you expect anything different from that commentary team.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

That was Tom Harley, he's an absolute muppet. He fits in nicely with McAvaney and Cometti. It's going to be a looooooong few years with just 7 at the helm.

I thought I'd seen it all in the AFL but again I'm left dumbfounded. Chris Tarrant gets reported for a shepard. The AFL sit back and scratch there double chins wondering why people are starting to turn away, it's not the blow outs that are causing it.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to block out some of the 'comments' and try and enjoy the game.

Absolutely staggered at the Tarrant report. Looked like a textbook bump that went nowhere near the head. Rules committee have the umpires jumping at shadows. Will go absolutely nowhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Just flicked on to the Ch 7 report on GWS. Choco Williams has been in a very good paddock.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I thought I'd seen it all in the AFL but again I'm left dumbfounded. Chris Tarrant gets reported for a shepard. The AFL sit back and scratch there double chins wondering why people are starting to turn away, it's not the blow outs that are causing it.
    This is almost scary, I was going to post almost the exact same, word for word.
    About how people are turned off due to a player getting reported for a Shepard not the blowouts. This was a joke! Wasn't even off the ball, wasn't high, wasn't overly aggressive! Soon the Afl will be a non contact sport.

Post Thanks / Like

While we are on this game. Does anyone else think Collingwood are getting away with a lot of "moving FWD of the mark" non calls?? As well as contacting players after they have a mark?? I only notice now a days after the Murphy/Hooper 50m penalties from a few weeks back. Not that I'd ever accuse the AFL umpires of being inconsistent.

Post Thanks / Like

While we are on this game. Does anyone else think Collingwood are getting away with a lot of "moving FWD of the mark" non calls?? As well as contacting players after they have a mark?? I only notice now a days after the Murphy/Hooper 50m penalties from a few weeks back. Not that I'd ever accuse the AFL umpires of being inconsistent.
    Sure enough 1st qtr the dogs get a FWD of the mark 50m paid against them!