Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Young Dog on song

Emma Quayle - The Age - 13 Aug

LIAM Jones is growing up. As a high school kid in Hobart, the 20-year-old spent his spare time making video clips with friends, in which they would imitate popular recording artists. ''We'd make videos doing songs by the Backstreet Boys, stuff like that,'' smiled the Western Bulldog this week. ''I was always doing that sort of thing, pretending I could sing and making silly little film clips to go with it. I was really into it, when I was little.''

These days, Jones has more mature tastes. He is otherwise known as ''L Jizz,'' one half of a rap duo with teammate ''Lukey D'' Dahlhaus, who he also lives with. Jones writes the lyrics, and the pair record them using an iPhone application that manipulates their vocals and ''means you can never sound bad''. They have two ''singles'' and have turned a third song, about conditioning coach ''Billy D'' Davoren, into a clip that has gone viral around the Whitten Oval offices. From what both have shown, Jones and Dahlhaus will play a lot of football together in the next few years. But hey … you can dream.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Young Dog on song

It's good to see Liam taking things on board, with the predicted extra spending with the football department could we see Bazza in a forward line coaching role next year.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Good article. If anyone can get a hold of the songs, please share.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Good article. If anyone can get a hold of the songs, please share.
    Yep, was thinking the same thing about the songs! It was great to read just how much Liam has soaked up from Baz, which is just what I was hoping would happen when we recruited BB. Let's hope the club can find those extra $'s and keep Baz as a forward coach. His experience is actually priceless IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Great article.

You just get the feeling Jones will become a very handy player. In the Drew Petrie mould.

Post Thanks / Like

Emma get's more into her articles than most other journos .Great see Liam's improvement this year and if he gets his kicking online he will be a superstar . If we could just get one more key forward we are half way to our next period of success
    Would other people think a trade for Taylor Walker could solve our problem .

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely dropped quite a few last night under less pressure compared to when he normally snags them -- seemed to get caught under the fall of the ball a bit, with it slipping out of his fingers at full stretch. Small thing, still a pretty safe pair of hands.

Buckets for hands, questionable kicking -- he's our Stewie Leowe in the making.