Emma Quayle - The Age - 13 Aug

LIAM Jones is growing up. As a high school kid in Hobart, the 20-year-old spent his spare time making video clips with friends, in which they would imitate popular recording artists. ''We'd make videos doing songs by the Backstreet Boys, stuff like that,'' smiled the Western Bulldog this week. ''I was always doing that sort of thing, pretending I could sing and making silly little film clips to go with it. I was really into it, when I was little.''

These days, Jones has more mature tastes. He is otherwise known as ''L Jizz,'' one half of a rap duo with teammate ''Lukey D'' Dahlhaus, who he also lives with. Jones writes the lyrics, and the pair record them using an iPhone application that manipulates their vocals and ''means you can never sound bad''. They have two ''singles'' and have turned a third song, about conditioning coach ''Billy D'' Davoren, into a clip that has gone viral around the Whitten Oval offices. From what both have shown, Jones and Dahlhaus will play a lot of football together in the next few years. But hey … you can dream.

Article in full...