Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather see win the Premiership this year?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Collingwood

5 17.86%
  • Geelong

11 39.29%
  • Hawthorn

7 25.00%
  • Carlton

0 0%
  • West Coast

4 14.29%
  • St. Kilda

1 3.57%
  • Sydney

1 3.57%
  • Essendon

0 0%
  • North Melbourne

1 3.57%
  • Anyone but Collingwood

6 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What now? Preference for Premiership

Now that the curtain has come down for us (logically if not mathematically) who would you most prefer to see win the premiership out of the finals bound teams and why?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What now? Preference for Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Now that the curtain has come down for us (logically if not mathematically) who would you most prefer to see win the premiership out of the finals bound teams and why?
    Anyone but Carlton.

Why? Because they are everything I despise.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Anyone but Carlton.

Why? Because they are everything I despise.
    Ha ha, I just put a "Anyone but Collingwood" on the poll and wanted to do the same for Carlton but I ran out of space.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say either North Melbourne or Sydney. North because they are the little guy and I have been suprised that I have actually enjoyed watching them play (except when I flew over and they beat us). Sydney, probably because they are about the only other team in the 8 I don't hate at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted "Anyone but Collingwood". I hate them, their supporters, their tosser of a President etc etc... I know it's likely they'll salute again this year, but I have to hold on to something . My mate at work is a typical Pies supporter, and I would love to stick it to him this year.

That said, I don't much fancy the Aints or Blues either. For many of the same reasons as Collingwood.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I voted Hawthorn.

I think they are a real class outfit, and have coped so well with the injuries they have had.

I don't like Lewis, some of their supporters are muppets, I'm pissed off we didn't get Puopolo. I hate the Buddy fever whenever he does something great.

But they are tough, extremely skillful and well drilled. Nearly the perfect mix of balanced teamwork and individual brilliance at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood for me, as they are my second favourite team.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Where's the don't care option?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Where's the don't care option?
    I second this with an explicit language insertion between don't and care.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I went for Collingwood as my girlfriend follows them and I do love to watch Swan play.but besides that I really dont care will be watching Williamstown with much more interest!!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

This is like asking whether you would prefer to lose a foot or a hand!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    I went for Collingwood as my girlfriend follows them and I do love to watch Swan play.but besides that I really dont care will be watching Williamstown with much more interest!!!
    Likewise

I voted Geelong - the carrot of 3 in 5 years to cement themselves as one of histories 'great' teams is still there....and anything to throw a spanner into Collingwood's efforts to achieve the same will be appreciated.

Can't see Hawthorn genuinely challenging....though if Rioli stays fit, who knows (what a freak) and the battle for fourth will take it out of Carlton (who if they make a prelim will fancy their chances of making the GF)

West Coast would be an interesting story - can't see it though
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely enough, I'm probably going for Collingwood. I hate the Pies as much as the next guy, but Mick's really impressed me as a coach, I have a weird man-crush on Swan who is just the complete player and a pretty decent bloke (and I think the best player in the comp), their team actually plays a great brand of attractive, skilful football (the way they systematically dismantled St. Kilda on Friday was a joy to watch), and leaving aside the fact that they are Collingwood, they are actually a side full of highly professional, well-drilled, disciplined, unselfish and uncomplaining footballers (I know they have every advantage, but still...), with strong leaders all across the ground -- everything I wish my team had.

Geelong would also be a worthy champion, probably more so, with all the above qualities but with slightly fewer advantages (although having their own homeground is a massive one). I picked them in the poll just to feel less dirty than I would if I had picked the Pies.

I hate every other team in the eight with a passion, and would probably quit footy for good if Three Strike Hawthorn or Group Fun For Boys St.Kilda or Carlton Cheats (God no) or The Ben Cousins managed to snag one.

Post Thanks / Like

It's always someone other than us, for me I can't be happy for anyone, it's more a case of who I'd be least unhappy about winning it. I can't really stand any of the top 5, I'd choose Geelong at a push.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I went for the Saints even though we all know Riewoldt dived in the goal square to effectively keep us out of a Grand final.

I just want them to break the curse so (in theory) we can break it too.

I suggest another poll. Who would you least like to see win?
    For me Carlton. just can't stand it when a combination of privilege, arrogance and dishonesty = success.
    Last edited by Dancin' Douggy; 15-08-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: spelling