It's been paid all year.
    To who?

I haven't seen one.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Bad look" - Giesch gives Hudson free the thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    To who?

I haven't seen one.
    One was paid against Dustin Fletcher early on for a 'demonsterative' action.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    One was paid against Dustin Fletcher early on for a 'demonsterative' action.
    The trouble is the interpretation of what can be regarded as demonstrative action. Sorry Mantis my opinion is the decision was crap.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The trouble is the interpretation of what can be regarded as demonstrative action. Sorry Mantis my opinion is the decision was crap.
    I agree the decision was crap, but our players shouldn't be putting themselves in a position where like decisions, which have been given in the past can be paid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I agree the decision was crap, but our players shouldn't be putting themselves in a position where like decisions, which have been given in the past can be paid.
    Whilst I agree with you, its an emotional game and things happen, during a game. Demtriou and Anderson have turned this game into a bunch of robots playing and if you step out of line your penalised.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    At least a warning to come back on the mark, but as you say no common sense.
    Agree, in the same game, at least two times they could be heard telling players to "come back"...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Agree, in the same game, at least two times they could be heard telling players to "come back"...
    There is a difference between 'cribbing' and running at the player though. The 50's are generally paid (and I agree, they are harsh) when the player with the ball is 'playing on' yet 'Play On' has not been called. The player on the mark identifies what is going to happy, jumps the umpires 'starting gun' to close down space and is penalised...the one where the player on the mark cribs 2-3m (Collingwood are the masters) generally leads to the 'get back' call.

I didn't like the Huddo one and I would bet the umpire in question regrets paying the 50m penalty.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I didn't like the Huddo one and I would bet the umpire in question regrets paying the 50m penalty.
    He regretted paying the deliberate OOB call he made just 10secs earlier as he reversed that decision quick smart.

Perhaps he was flustered and wanted to stamp his authority after making a monumental mistake just seconds earlier??

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else noticed the art of running next to the man with the ball after a free kick and pretending to not know you are in his space so he can't play on.

The Pies get away with this trick over and over.