Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  20
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thank You Rocket

Makes sense why Cameron is a coach.
    Wonder if he will make his way back at some stage ? Do Bevo and Cameron’s contracts line up ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Yep.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been sent that twice today. It’s funny, but I’m not convinced. It sounds like someone parodying Rocket to me.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sounds like the hard edge coach GVGjr wants at the club.
    That performance is from someone who had no control or respect for his players and not someone with a hard edge. I just can't believe that it could be Rocket or any senior coach for that matter but if it was then it's a weak and highly irrational behaviour from him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That performance is from someone who had no control or respect for his players and not someone with a hard edge. I just can't believe that it could be Rocket or any senior coach for that matter but if it was then it's a weak and highly irrational behaviour from him
    True. But hilarious. Key point here.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Adam Cooney on Twitter “Oh yeah it’s real”

8. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely sensational.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

You'd hope Leon Cameron was getting two pay cheques, one for actually coaching the team and the other for baby sitting. That's a disgrace, but it was well known.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    You'd hope Leon Cameron was getting two pay cheques, one for actually coaching the team and the other for baby sitting. That's a disgrace, but it was well known.
    I still find it incredibly hard to believe it was Rocket but if true to refer to someone as a spastic is the poorest of form especially from someone coaching a professional team and given their people management training. It's also disappointing that someone in the box didn't have a crack at pulling him into line him for saying that.
    I'd question if he would he have had the courage to say that directly to a players face.
    To think people get highly offended by comments about racism or sexual orientation and demand people are suspended in the AFL for it but somehow choose to look past the content and find humour in that sort of outburst just doesn't add up with me.
    Yeah it's funny listening to someone losing their shit but the actual content of those comments isn't acceptable.
    If true, it's not Rockets finest hour
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard from someone in AFL house it's legit.

Post Thanks / Like

If true, who recorded this? Why is this released 10 years later.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a written transcript getting around just in case you can't understand everything Rocket was screaming. Not sure it's suitable to post on here though.

I wonder if someone can figure out which which game this was from and line up the matching on field footage with the audio?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    There's a written transcript getting around just in case you can't understand everything Rocket was screaming. Not sure it's suitable to post on here though.

I wonder if someone can figure out which which game this was from and line up the matching on field footage with the audio?
    I had a go, but all of Hahn, Eagleton, Aker, Minson and Jason Blake played in all 3 of our games against the Saints that year. Minson probably made critical errors in all of them anyway so it might be a bridge too far.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty embarrassing. And it isn't coaching.

To be honest, even Cameron being the 'voice of reason' sounds like he is caught up in the details of some player rotations - seriously, who cares? Though it is good that he was actually prepared to stand up and tell Rocket to shut-up a few times (though once should have been more than enough).

Interesting that Rocket is caught up in basically commentating on the game and the players...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming that this was well known, which it seems to have been, why in hell did GCS think putting him in front of a bunch of kids was a good idea. I mean the Harbrow thing was shithouse and many others left or threaten pde to leave. Hearing the audio just leaves me dumbfounded on GCS going hard to get him out of Collingwood.