Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  20
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thank You Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    If it is a fabricated piece of audio ... it was good enough to fool Luke Darcy (six minute audio from his breakfast show this morning)

Darcy "This is 100% Rocket"

https://omny.fm/shows/hot-breakfast/...de-will-minson
    Darcy was our injured captain 2005-6. He'd have spent plenty of time in that coaches box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    If it is a fabricated piece of audio ... it was good enough to fool Luke Darcy (six minute audio from his breakfast show this morning)

Darcy "This is 100% Rocket"

https://omny.fm/shows/hot-breakfast/...de-will-minson
    Actually after hearing that hard to think it's not genuine. Darce even relates his own experience. We need Leon to be the tiebreaker but im sure he's got more important things to worry about. Very funny either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Actually after hearing that hard to think it's not genuine. Darce even relates his own experience. We need Leon to be the tiebreaker but im sure he's got more important things to worry about. Very funny either way.
    Rocket's tweet:

For everyone having a chuckle at some audio from the coaches box of 10yrs ago,I can say the audio has been “doctored” with pieces added and condensed for effect. Parts are not me, very clever impersonator. Good stitch up!
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How would they get audio? But then why would they choose to make up something like this which allegedly took place 10 years ago? Either way it's hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    How would they get audio? But then why would they choose to make up something like this which allegedly took place 10 years ago? Either way it's hilarious.
    You can do anything you want with computers nowadays it’s not really hard, and yeah it could all be Eades Voice, but taken from all different places / interviews and cut and spliced , but yeah it is hilarious, I think the give way is how he is yelling and screaming then out of the blue calmly says sorry.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Either way it musnt be far from the truth if it's fooled so many ! Classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    You can do anything you want with computers nowadays it’s not really hard, and yeah it could all be Eades Voice, but taken from all different places / interviews and cut and spliced , but yeah it is hilarious, I think the give way is how he is yelling and screaming then out of the blue calmly says sorry.
    I remember that interview with Kristy Malthouse on channel 10. She asked how he rated Will's game, and Eade casually yelled 'he's ok today, but a F**KING SPASTIC. And I just can't forget the interview on 3AW with Rex Hunt was talking about Will's saxophone playing and Eade say that 'he's really very good, and a F**KING SHITHEAD'.

As for Leon Cameron swearing at Rocket. That's not true either, Leon was doing special comments on a mates YouTube channel on the latest SpaceX flight, and got too excited and was swearing at 'a rocket' not 'rocket'. They cut the 'a' out.

As for splicing all the names from the same finite period of coach, assistant coaches & players. That was exceptional research and luck to get perfect crossover. Their genius was using a head coach who no one cares about anyone, and a former player of which the vast majority of league fans don't think about. And to make it about 10 years, because everyone remembers every 60 seconds of speech from 10 years ago. All this non income generated work on a F**KING hilarious conspiracy tape.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I remember that interview with Kristy Malthouse on channel 10. She asked how he rated Will's game, and Eade casually yelled 'he's ok today, but a F**KING SPASTIC. And I just can't forget the interview on 3AW with Rex Hunt was talking about Will's saxophone playing and Eade say that 'he's really very good, and a F**KING SHITHEAD'.

As for Leon Cameron swearing at Rocket. That's not true either, Leon was doing special comments on a mates YouTube channel on the latest SpaceX flight, and got too excited and was swearing at 'a rocket' not 'rocket'. They cut the 'a' out.

As for splicing all the names from the same finite period of coach, assistant coaches & players. That was exceptional research and luck to get perfect crossover. Their genius was using a head coach who no one cares about anyone, and a former player of which the vast majority of league fans don't think about. And to make it about 10 years, because everyone remembers every 60 seconds of speech from 10 years ago. All this non income generated work on a F**KING hilarious conspiracy tape.
    There's no collusion though.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL 2019: Former AFL coach Rodney Eade comes clean on viral rant … but there’s a catch .... https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...b1ba06aa1deac7

Post Thanks / Like

What a shock that it is actually his voice...

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    What a shock that it is actually his voice...
    I guess all those who took Rocket at his word (lies) last week, now take Rocket at his word (???) this week?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I guess all those who took Rocket at his word (lies) last week, now take Rocket at his word (???) this week?
    Its bizarre.

Why deny its you when you know it actually is you?

Even if it isn't a single long rant (several rants interspersed throughout a game), it doesn't change the fact that it is hardly ideal behaviour from a coach, even if it is within the confines of the box.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Its bizarre.

Why deny its you when you know it actually is you?

Even if it isn't a single long rant (several rants interspersed throughout a game), it doesn't change the fact that it is hardly ideal behaviour from a coach, even if it is within the confines of the box.
    I'm not sure why felt the need to re-address the issue, and admit lying in the process. Bizarre in deed.

Post Thanks / Like

I've said this previously that if it was true it wasn't Rockets finest hour. Now that he has backtracked and conceded it's him it's a very poor display almost bordering on despicable by a coach who should have known better.

I stand by my previous comments on the matter.
    People were calling for Rendells head when he talked about some of the challenges faced by indigenous players and he paid a high price for it, some called for Eddies head for his insensitive comments a couple of weeks back about the coin toss. Well I hope the same people now take Eade to task for his comments but I'm not confident they will.
    I'm also annoyed that he mislead so many of us who were prepared to back him when he said it wasn't him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've said this previously that if it was true it wasn't Rockets finest hour. Now that he has backtracked and conceded it's him it's a very poor display almost bordering on despicable by a coach who should have known better.

I stand by my previous comments on the matter.
    People were calling for Rendells head when he talked about some of the challenges faced by indigenous players and he paid a high price for it, some called for Eddies head for his insensitive comments a couple of weeks back about the coin toss. Well I hope the same people now take Eade to task for his comments but I'm not confident they will.
    I'm also annoyed that he mislead so many of us who were prepared to back him when he said it wasn't him.
    Nope, not even close. McGuire publicly belittled a disabled person before disingenuously claiming he didn't know who she was. Eade made comments during a game, in a private coaches box about a players game play and ability, which were then digitally manipulated (looped).

Despicable? Nope. The question needs to be asked about how and why it was recorded in the first place. I'd bet money that plenty of coaches past and present tee off at players like that.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]