Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thank You Rocket

Thank you, Rocket, for everything you've done for this club. We can only hope that you know how much your efforts, your sincerity and all round good-blokeness were appreciated by the supporters at least.

Wishing you all the best for the future, whatever it holds.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty disappointed with todays outcome - though I do think that this decision has been coming for a while....all the pointers seemed to be to a parting of the ways.

Personally I will never forget the joy of the past 3 years - watching the footy every week with a legit chance to win and playing some super exciting footy.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a dark day for our club. Rocket deserved the opportunity to mould the list through the coming period. He picked our club up off the dirt and elevated it to another level and now at the first sign of trouble, he's no longer reequired??? Terrible way to end. How can Rocket be expected to maintain the form of previous years with so many injuries and players down on form? We need to make sure we get behind the new coach despite how we feel about this decision. Smells to me like the club is prediciting some pain in the next couple of years and is attempting to deflect potential membership declines etc..

Thanks Rocket for eveything and all the best in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Yeah, will do. Got a text from Rocket a short while ago saying we'll talk next week.
    Hey, TCD, ask him if he'd like to manage a professional(lol) baseball team here. Looks like the Cubs will be looking for a new manager in about six weeks. But warn him that if he lives here year round, that the winters are brutal!

Please pass on my best wishes to him.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    Hey, TCD, ask him if he'd like to manage a professional(lol) baseball team here. Looks like the Cubs will be looking for a new manager in about six weeks. But warn him that if he lives here year round, that the winters are brutal!

Please pass on my best wishes to him.
    Will do Jim.

I remember you once posted that you were coming over from America & attending training. Rocket was aware of that & asked me to get in touch with you so he could say hi & show you around. Very people friendly.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I have always thought that Rocket Eade was an outstanding coach of this club with an excellent record. Nobody could have coached us better this season and our position is largely caused by injuries to important players. On one of my rare trips to Melbourne I went to a game at Docklands where I saw Rocket casually and happily chatting to supporters at the end of the pre game warmup - very impressive. His demeanor, professionalism and commitment to the club have never been in doubt and he will leave highly respected with our best wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Very people friendly.
    Thank you Rocket. You always made us feel really welcome at the Whitten Oval (specially because we are not from English speaking background). You are good with people and with kids. My kids are loving all the pictures they took with you. I know you will do fine. Very fine where ever you go. Good luck for the future.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, will do. Got a text from Rocket a short while ago saying we'll talk next week.
    Thank him from me TCD and tell him he is another part of history of the 17 August
    Elvis left the building.. 17 here
    Azaria was taken by the dingo
    Clinton caught with his pants down
    The great E.J died.. sad day

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shattered at the decision the club took today & am dumbfounded when listening to the press conference. There doesn't seem a clear reason why, well, none was appropriately conveyed any way.

I remember being excited 7 years ago when Rocket was announced as our coach.

A number of us on this forum have gotten to know Rocket quite well over the past few years to the degree that some of us attended the National Draft, regularly went out to dinner with him & could ring him with queries at any time, whether it be about training times, selection or injuries. he was so giving of his time & all of us on WOOF should be thankful for that.

Last year I was sick & in hospital. Rocket was happy to rig & see how I was going & keep me informed on what was happening during trade week.

A couple of years ago my son turned 11. After tea the phone rang & it was Rocket wishing him a Happy Birthday. Its something he'll never forget.

I really think the club has made an awful decision today.

Rocket, thank you for everything you did whilst coaching the Western Bulldogs!
    Top post TCD.

I am thankful for what i was able to experience while Rodney was coach, it's not the decision i wanted.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do Jim.

I remember you once posted that you were coming over from America & attending training. Rocket was aware of that & asked me to get in touch with you so he could say hi & show you around. Very people friendly.
    Thanks, TCD. Rocket will never really know how much that meant to me. I'm glad that I was able to say goodbye to him before I left. I really feel awful about the decision. I just replied to the email that David Smorgon sent to us members. It just turned midnight here and I'm too agitated to go to sleep. Maybe if I watch a replay of the Cubs latest loss tonight... Lost to the Houston Astros who have the worst record in baseball with an Astros Grand Slam home run in the bottom of the 9th inning in Houston. It's been a bloody long summer.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I am pretty disappointed with todays outcome - though I do think that this decision has been coming for a while....all the pointers seemed to be to a parting of the ways.

Personally I will never forget the joy of the past 3 years - watching the footy every week with a legit chance to win and playing some super exciting footy.
    Gee we've played some good footy at times since 2005 - I still remember the last 6 weeks of 2005 as one of the more exciting times.

2006 elimination final was brilliant

The lead up to the 2009 finals series was so very encouraging, and the 09 prelim is easily the most intense sporting contest I've witnessed.

Cheers Rocket
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hughy31 View Post
    Thank him from me TCD and tell him he is another part of history of the 17 August
    Elvis left the building.. 17 here
    Azaria was taken by the dingo
    Clinton caught with his pants down
    The great E.J died.. sad day
    And for me today is the 7th anniversary of my father's death.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Gee we've played some good footy at times since 2005 - I still remember the last 6 weeks of 2005 as one of the more exciting times.

2006 elimination final was brilliant

The lead up to the 2009 finals series was so very encouraging, and the 09 prelim is easily the most intense sporting contest I've witnessed.

Cheers Rocket
    I'm still seething about not making it that year.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel sorry for him. Nobody could have done bette with our resources as they are. Smorgos comments at the start of the year were silly, re pass marks. Some good stories above. We are so reactionary to the media. Thanks heaps rocket. Bad choice.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket spent a long time with my parents , long time Bulldog members, at the East West day as they were celebrating their 60th Anniversary a few years ago.
    They still talk about it with such affection for him. Dad is 92 & mum is 87. Still members and they are shattered. Thanks for a great time Rocket.