Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  20
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thank You Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Haha -- sorry. Worried about it for a bit, but wanted some bang in the words, and I do think that's how most people think of our only flag.. especially in this day and age of the 24 hour news cycle where whatever happened last week is now ancient history, and Gen Ys think that you're old if you've ever sent a letter through the post or own CDs.
    You young people nowadays with your fancy gadgets...
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Just going to echo the sentiments of many here. I woke up this morning in London and saw an email from the club. I knew then that Rocket had lost the pissing contest with Fantasia. I think we have made the wrong decision. I think the decision is made all the more wrong by the fact we haven't identified a replacement. I smacks of amateaurism of the highest order.

In times of crisis stability is what you need. Sacking the coach once the season is shot, before the introduction of a second new team in an era of compromised drafts to me lacks foresight. I can only glean that this has less to do with Rockets performance over his tenure and more to do with personalities at the club. Yes 2011 was a sh*t year. A major disappointment. Some of it is Rocket's fault, but a lot is not.

Thanks Rocket you are a champion bloke. I wish you all the best in you future. If you do coach again, and hopefully you will, I hope you get the GF glory you deserve.....I just hope its not against us!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rocket,

You gave us the most exciting team in the comp, helped transform the club into a group that expected success and attracted the best, and as another poster said, bled, red, white and blue.

I'll treasure the hope you brought us, and the generosity with which you gave your time, insights and friendship. I'm shattered like so many others by the decision, and wish you all the best with your future coaching (and other) endeavours.

ps Thanks to TCD for the thread, and to TCD and Mantis for the way you helped build such a positive relationship between WOOF and Eade.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

The only analogy I can come up with for Rockets time at the club would be to compare it with Mick Miller's time as Police Commisioner.

Loved and admired by those under him, respected by those who oversaw him and seems irreplaceable when he departed.

Go well Rocket.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much more i can add to everyone else's comments except to say "Thank U Rocket" for the years in the coaching seat. You made other teams take notice when u came to our club. You will be sorely missed, and I certainly wish u all the best in whatever the future holds.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Met Rocket once late after a flight from Adelaide to Melbourne, at the baggage carousel. Even though he had just picked up his stuff and his wife was ready to get out of there he made time to sign my hat and have a chat about the game.

Even one of those small positive experiences stays with you forever.

Thank you for the past 7 years Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Reading these post really explains why so many people are unhappy Rocket is gone. He has done a great job on many levels.

I hope the love for Rocket doesn't become a lodestone for his replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Reading these post really explains why so many people are unhappy Rocket is gone. He has done a great job on many levels.

As do I.

His replacement will have my full support to try and rebuild the club. I'll do my best to handle poor results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I'm shattered at the decision the club took today & am dumbfounded when listening to the press conference. There doesn't seem a clear reason why, well, none was appropriately conveyed any way.

I remember being excited 7 years ago when Rocket was announced as our coach.

Rocket, thank you for everything you did whilst coaching the Western Bulldogs!
    Agree on all counts TCD.

Rocket has been fantastic. He's brought confidence, professional and so much more to the club and really taken us into the modern era.

Whoever is selected to lead the way for 2012 has big shoes to fill, and they're going to have a lot of work ahead of them to appease the masses of Bulldogs supporters left scratching their collective heads at the decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rodney for a great 7 years at the dogs, i am dumbfounded that the club has relieved you and i think this is stupid mistake. Surely an extension of a year would have been a more logical choice than getting rid of you. With injuries to key players at the moment what were they hoping for, its like entering the Melbourne Cup with a 3 legged horse a champion jockey and expecting to win!

Nuts i say but i'm only a passionate member what would i know?

Good luck Rocket i'll miss those sprays........................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Thank you Rocket. You always made us feel really welcome at the Whitten Oval (specially because we are not from English speaking background). You are good with people and with kids. My kids are loving all the pictures they took with you. I know you will do fine. Very fine where ever you go. Good luck for the future.
    Nice one!

Aside from what's already been said, thanks to Rocket for the 2009 prelim. The most pulsating, exciting game I've ever seen, and his coaching was magnificent that night.

So, so close.

I'm not keen to eulogise him too much. I hope he has great success elsewhere, I certainly won't begrudge him that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rocket for a wonderful seven years that gave me my best bragging rights a work that i can remember. Good luck at Melb

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rocket, according to most around here you have proven yourself to be a great bloke and a good coach.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I can only see Lake bering happy with this decision.

----

Echo your thoughts TCD... Terrific guy who always had to time to speak to the fans.
    Also maybe Josh Hill?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post

I don't think that will be a massive issue. Judging love for Eade based on this site's most vocal posters certainly exagerates how much love the average Dogs member has for Rocket. A lot of the senior posters here developed a relationship with Eade. I am not doubting a lot of logical points they have made but there certainly is a least an element of passion too.

Unfortunately I believe the overall view of Eade is the opposite. IMO most of our members/fans don't really appreciate what he has done and see the prelims as failures. He has been a massive victim the lack of success over our history. I said at the start of the year that Smorgo's calls were dangerous. We were a club with aspiration mixed with desperation.

I have said in other threads that I think it's the right decision assuming a few things were and will be done in the right way. I already don't like the review panel, Fantasia being on it reeks of a conflict of interest and I wouldn't mind his own review panel having Eade there as well, in the interest of fairness.

For mine it's smelling a lot like Punt Rd to me.