Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  20
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thank You Rocket

Good luck Rocket in what ever you do in the future.

You are a special man, who took time for everyone and can hold his head up high.

I work with a guy who has known Rocket since he played footy and speaks so highly of him. And Rocket also remembered him with fondness.

Thank you for being part of our Bulldog family.

Don't like how it was handled by the club unfortunately this become more the norm lately.

I know you can't sack a team but the players should be held accountable too.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I have struggled with the decision and did fire off an email to Smorgon and Garlick to express my disappointment. I also sent one to Rocket and wished him the best for the future. If he were to get the job at Melbourne, I might even buy a membership there, as well as retaining my Bulldog membership.

Whatever we feel it is now done and we should support the club. Hopefully the next coach, will continue to produce a competitive team that is challenging quickly. I do believe we are in good shape to bounce back from the performances of 2011.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Want to write a letter to Rocket.
    Noticed Phil Mullen's address is on the AFLPA website.

http://www.aflpa.com.au/agents/afl_p...ed_agent_list/

Let not our former coach think he was let go without some angst and support from the fans!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    Thanks, TCD. Rocket will never really know how much that meant to me. I'm glad that I was able to say goodbye to him before I left. I really feel awful about the decision. I just replied to the email that David Smorgon sent to us members.
    I just received a reply(form letter) to the email that I sent to the club over three months ago. I guess some would say I should be grateful that I received any reply at all. Oh well...

I'm making a trek to Vegas tomorrow and promise that if I win a bazillion dollars(Haven't I said that before?) I will pay the Bulldogs debt and run for President of the Board at the next opportunity. President Chicago1 has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Jim! dont forget the little people when you win big too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    I just received a reply(form letter) to the email that I sent to the club over three months ago. I guess some would say I should be grateful that I received any reply at all. Oh well...

I'm making a trek to Vegas tomorrow and promise that if I win a bazillion dollars(Haven't I said that before?) I will pay the Bulldogs debt and run for President of the Board at the next opportunity. President Chicago1 has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
    Love Vegas, it would rank right up there as being one of my favourite spots.
    Have always said it would make the ultimate footy trip.
    Maybe a Woof trip in a year or two.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like there won't be a President Chicago1.

I always enjoy getting away from here for a few days and forget about everything even though I almost always end up losing. With comped rooms and cheap airfares going to Vegas isn't that expensive even when you lose.

I'm heading back in February on Super Bowl Sunday. How could I pass up a comped room for three nights at Caesar's Palace worth over $1000? I'm absolutely positive that the trip will make me a Bazillionaire!
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

ah the eternal optimism required of a life long bulldogs supporter!

So how are we all feeling about McArtney now. I know its 'too early to tell', but just the vibe.

The changes , even to the playing list, due to McArtney are significant - all those bendigo bombers, plus Clay smith instead of Crozier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    ah the eternal optimism required of a life long bulldogs supporter!

So how are we all feeling about McArtney now. I know its 'too early to tell', but just the vibe.

The changes , even to the playing list, due to McArtney are significant - all those bendigo bombers, plus Clay smith instead of Crozier.
    Love that version never seen it before

I am impressed with what I have heard so far, but the main question is can he get the players to play to his game plan and is it a good one?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Love that version never seen it before

I am impressed with what I have heard so far, but the main question is can he get the players to play to his game plan and is it a good one?
    Hard to claim a typo when I did it twice.

11. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t how legitimate this is ... but it sure does sound like Rocket and Leon Cameron ... I know Rocket is infamous for his temper and sprays but this is out of this world .... https://www.facebook.com/27197408657...130661?sfns=mo

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I'm in f**king tears. F**KING TEARS!

Oh my god, that makes up for Sunday afternoon.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Don’t how legitimate this is ... but it sure does sound like Rocket and Leon Cameron ... I know Rocket is infamous for his temper and sprays but this is out of this world .... https://www.facebook.com/27197408657...130661?sfns=mo
    I was just listening to this. "Rocket, we can't think"

"Sorry.......^$&# &$&$& $&$#(!!!!!!!"

Hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

That's Cameron trying in vein, to stop the abuse and trying to get Minson off the ground. Even swearing at Rocket for him to stop.

I just listened again. FMD it got funnier.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    That definitely sounds like Leon...not sure about Rocket's voice though

17. Thanks MrMahatma thanked for this post