Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Eade won't coach Dogs - Williams to take last 3 Games

Mike Sheahan

RODNEY Eade won't coach against Port Adelaide and will instead finish up at Whitten Oval today.

The departing coach has abandoned an early plan to coach the Western Bulldogs in the remaining three games of the year.

Assistant Paul Williams is expected to take charge from this afternoon.

Eade will concentrate on his hopes of securing a job at Melbourne or Adelaide, or a senior support role elsewhere.

Earlier today, former Dogs captain Luke Darcy said a clean break would be best for all.
    "I think the players obviously really wanted to coach the last three games, but I've experienced that before, a coach has been sacked and coaches out the last part of the year and it's not a great situation to be in," Darcy told Triple M.

"In his mind he's moved on. He needs to, he needs to work out what he's doing and it's just that slow death basically over three weeks.

"What happens if you get in one of the assistant coaches, even for three weeks, you get a fresh break, an opportunity just to reload, you play all the young players for the last three weeks.

"(Eade) will coach this week. (But) I'm not sure the following two weeks will serve him or serve the Bulldogs."

The departing coach has abandoned an early plan to coach the Western Bulldogs in the remaining three games of the year.

Assistant Paul Williams is expected to take charge from this afternoon.

Eade will concentrate on his hopes of securing a job at Melbourne or Adelaide, or a senior support role elsewhere.

Earlier today, former Dogs captain Luke Darcy said a clean break would be best for all.

"I think the players obviously really wanted to coach the last three games, but I've experienced that before, a coach has been sacked and coaches out the last part of the year and it's not a great situation to be in," Darcy told Triple M.

"In his mind he's moved on. He needs to, he needs to work out what he's doing and it's just that slow death basically over three weeks.

"What happens if you get in one of the assistant coaches, even for three weeks, you get a fresh break, an opportunity just to reload, you play all the young players for the last three weeks.

"(Eade) will coach this week. (But) I'm not sure the following two weeks will serve him or serve the Bulldogs."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade won't coach Dogs - Williams to take last 3 Games

Thats crap, would have been good to give him a proper send off with a couple of wins to close out the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Pointless exercise in coaching the last few games. Cut all ties

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer.

Post Thanks / Like

Good move - lame duck coaches waste everybody's time.

Players get on field send offs, not coaches.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Good move - lame duck coaches waste everybody's time.

Players get on field send offs, not coaches.
    What would you call Paul Williams?
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

I am sad that as a Bulldogs supporter I won't get to say goodbye to Rocket, but I respect his decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Pointless exercise in coaching the last few games. Cut all ties
    And what is to be achieved by Williams coaching the last three games?

I remain a supporter irrespective of the Board's decision and I still look forwrd to three wins to finish the year.

Why is there a need to cut all ties? The man didn't get his contract renewed - he was not sacked for incompletence.

Should Barry Hall have walked after he advised he would not continue next year? Should we cut all ties with him?

Post Thanks / Like

Question, Do coaches get match payments like players? Not surprised that Rocket chose not to see out the final 3 games. Hopefully the players lift for the last 3 rounds.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he would do the one game but we can all fully understand his reasons for not doing so.

In the end I think it's the best decision.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    And what is to be achieved by Williams coaching the last three games?

I remain a supporter irrespective of the Board's decision and I still look forwrd to three wins to finish the year.

Why is there a need to cut all ties? The man didn't get his contract renewed - he was not sacked for incompletence.

Should Barry Hall have walked after he advised he would not continue next year? Should we cut all ties with him?
    It was Rockets decision after he thought about it overnight. David Parkin said he should coach the last three but Peter Scwab also spoke to him and he then changed his mind. After getting the sack at Hawthorn, Peter tried to coach the year out but after one game felt it was not the right thing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed, but I can hardly blame him. I don't think I could do it either.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Best decision for all.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Would have been good to get a chance to say Goodbye. Regret that.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    He probably can't wait to get out of the place now. Don't blame him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.