Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Eade sacking a lapdog approach

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx...wcomments=true

Nailed it in one GT. Nothing more to add.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade sacking a lapdog approach

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx...wcomments=true

Nailed it in one GT. Nothing more to add.
    There is a lot more to add.

Leaving the decision not to renew Eade's contract aside, I want to take issue with Thomas' assertion that the position of Football Manager should be made redundant with the coach reporting directly to the board.

This assumes that the functions of Recruiting, List Management, Sports Sciences, Strength and Conditioning etc whould all come under the Head Coach. This is ridiculous and out of step with modern thinking It is a step back to the role Rodney undertook when he first arrived at the Bulldogs and it nearly killed him.

There is nothing wrong with the structure currently employed at the Bulldogs and most other Clubs; the important issue is having competent people in the relevant positions.

This is just another Thomas rant.

Post Thanks / Like

"GT" is an arrogant opinionated leach. He has no agenda other than to drum up readership and the only way to achieve that is to be outspoken and controversial.

There is a very good reason Thomas is no longer involved with any club and that is because he is a scurrilous attention whore.

Post Thanks / Like

He nailed the source of Rocket's demise in one.

Your comments about the workload nearly killing Rocket in 2007 are spot on. There absolutely needs to be a head of football operations, but we have proven that such an appointment can go horribly wrong if the right person is not appointed.

Fantasia is not fit to clean the boots of some of his contemporaries, like Geoff Walsh and Neil Balme.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the head coach should answer directly to the board. The coach should then employ someone below him handle recruiting, list management stuff, etc.
    Then we won't have this ridiculous situation where only the coach pays incorrect decisions and the person making the bad calls shifts the blame onto coach.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's the reporting lines that GT is challenging and I tend to agree with it. A coach of Eade's experience is not served well by reporting to the inexperienced Fantasia.

It was uneasy relationship between Eade and Rose that was the catalyst for the Fantasia and for the first year he picked up the tasks that Eade found to be time consuming but over the last 2 years I don't think Fantasia has added a lot of value.

Hopefully the microscope will now be place on Fantasia.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it's the reporting lines that GT is challenging and I tend to agree with it. A coach of Eade's experience is not served well by reporting to the inexperienced Fantasia.

It was uneasy relationship between Eade and Rose that was the catalyst for the Fantasia appointment and for the first year he picked up the tasks that Eade found to be time consuming but over the last 2 years I don't think Fantasia has added a lot of value.

Hopefully the microscope will now be placed on Fantasia.
    Agree with above ^^
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the microscope will now be placed on Fantasia.
    I think your whole assessment was spot on.

Brisbane appear quite interested, but I really hope we have a chat to Neil Craig about this role.

Who are some of the other candidates who might be a good fit for us?

Post Thanks / Like

Bullshit article. Don't know why GT's still given inches.

Post Thanks / Like

It was uneasy relationship between Eade and Rose that was the catalyst for the Fantasia and for the first year he picked up the tasks that Eade found to be time consuming but over the last 2 years I don't think Fantasia has added a lot of value.

There is nothing wrong with the reporting lines. The role of a Football Manager is widely accepted throughout the competition and makes good business sense. I will say it again, there is nought wrong with the structure, the issue is the calibre of people occupying the positions.

Eade has been held responsible for roles conducted outside his jurisdiction namely List Manager and Football Manager. In the case of List Manager, we don't have one and the Football Manager is Fantasia.

If we had competent staff filling these positions, Eade would be coaching tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the reporting lines. The role of a Football Manager is widely accepted throughout the competition and makes good business sense. I will say it again, there is nought wrong with the structure, the issue is the calibre of people occupying the positions.

Eade has been held responsible for roles conducted outside his jurisdiction namely List Manager and Football Manager. In the case of List Manager, we don't have one and the Football Manager is Fantasia.

If we had competent staff filling these positions, Eade would be coaching tomorrow.
    I agree with both of you, particularly the bolded parts.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

What I find amusing in all this is the short memory Thomas has!
    This is a bloke who did player contracts, list management, and basically tried to run the club himself.
    As for Fantasia, I agree probably has a "Lap Dog" role, but rather a lap dog than a tin pot dictator any time.
    As for Smorgon I'd say he's been a bit better than basically a "supporter"
    Then he ads he's had "issues" with Eade's coaching. Then waffles on about him being a capable coachYou either think He's no good or you think he's good Grant?
    Wakeley award stuff this Grant!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post

Agree with this^^

Post Thanks / Like

Thomas is on his favorite hobby horse again. It must be an exhilarating view from up there. It certainly gets in the way of everything else.

I dont know whether to start another thread on this topic but did anyone hear Terry Wallace on SEN yesterday and his list of things we need to do?

I wont go through the whole list but #1 was to appoint a list manager pronto. I tend to agree with him on this. We need to assess our list and get a clear idea on our direction right now and then appoint a senior coach with that goal in mind.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Thomas is on his favorite hobby horse again. It must be an exhilarating view from up there. It certainly gets in the way of everything else.

I dont know whether to start another thread on this topic but did anyone hear Terry Wallace on SEN yesterday and his list of things we need to do?

I wont go through the whole list but #1 was to appoint a list manager pronto. I tend to agree with him on this. We need to assess our list and get a clear idea on our direction right now and then appoint a senior coach with that goal in mind.
    We should have had a list manager two years ago but it could not be budgeted for but will be next year the new coach should have a few more dollars in the footy department.Its a shame Rocket wasn't given the support he deserved with what he had he has done wonders at our club and will leave a gaping wound that may well fester for a bloody long time!!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning