Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
I get that, and the fact he is our development manager would also tend to indicate his strength is working with younger players. As I mentioned, I don't know enough about him to do anything other than speculate - he could be exactly what we need.

I'm just not convinced his style (my limited perception of it at least) is one conducive to developing a young squad. He might however be the more demanding type of guy that could be better utilised in a more hands on role as an assistant, rather than a development manager.
Again you're coming back to knocking him based on his ability to work with younger players. German to me is a good option if we decide to really cut into the list - I'm talking Melbourne style, 5 players over 25 left. He could be the man to mould the group to challenge again in 3-5 years time.

If we want to take a more natural approach i.e. whilst Hudson, Hall etc. are gone we continue to retain and play the best available, then that is where I see German as behind those who have had senior or assistant coaching experience at AFL level