Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: West throws his hat in the ring

Cheers for that 1eyedog.

My persective remains unchanged though: If it is a legitimate interview - interview him. If it is going through the motions just because of his status at the club - don't waste everyones time. And for what it is worth, my comments about corporates were used as an example of 'lip service' interviews to 'keep people onside' whereas you seem to be saying that we should operate in the same way in a footy environment...I would like to think we would be a little bit more honest than that.

All of that said, you are saying that West is a legitimate candidate - great. I honestly have no idea - I have seen him present once (Coaches conference this year - midfield strategies) and really don't have an opinion on him either way (the fire alarm was rung half-way through his presso and we were all evacuated never to return!). Reading his comments though, HE didn't seem to think he was a realistic candidate at this stage which turned me off.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Apologies, but I don't understand what you mean.

Loyalty is interviewing someone who you aren't going to appoint? I spell that a different way: 'LIP SERVICE'.
    I believe that after all the years of faithful service Westy gave us, the least we can do is let him present. It's not lip service, it's helping out a former champion who spent well over a decade helping us.

I don't care if it means he gets a senior role elsewhere down the line as a result. Total non-issue. It's not as if in presenting we're going to be divulging heaps of IP, in fact it'll be the opposite.

Post Thanks / Like

One of us could apply for thejob.
    Doesn't mean we're going to get an interview!
    We're behind The Crows an the Dees in the coaching process already without what would be a pointless exercise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I believe that after all the years of faithful service Westy gave us, the least we can do is let him present. It's not lip service, it's helping out a former champion who spent well over a decade helping us.

I don't care if it means he gets a senior role elsewhere down the line as a result. Total non-issue. It's not as if in presenting we're going to be divulging heaps of IP, in fact it'll be the opposite.
    Doing that we will end up with 20 interviews. Massive waste of everyones time.

If he really is no chance and we genuinely want to help him we can organise a mock interview with him after we have selected a new coach and then tell him what was good about his interview process, what was bad and tell him things that other interviewees did. I don't believe we should do all that but at least it is done after the process and not wasting valuable time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Doing that we will end up with 20 interviews. Massive waste of everyones time.

If he really is no chance and we genuinely want to help him we can organise a mock interview with him after we have selected a new coach and then tell him what was good about his interview process, what was bad and tell him things that other interviewees did. I don't believe we should do all that but at least it is done after the process and not wasting valuable time.
    Would be a good compromise, yeah.