Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Demons win $6m sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    No we haven't.

We are the only team in the league to have the same sponsor for the front of guernsey, back of guernsey, shorts and training centre.

We are getting short changed.
    Spot on.

It's better than nothing but it's far from ideal.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    We probably didn't know he was a Bulldogs supporter. It was discussed on this forum about 18 months ago, we moan that we don't have any wealthy supporters, but in reality the club doesn't make much effort to find out who among our supporters are actually well off financially.
    How do you know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    No we haven't.

We are the only team in the league to have the same sponsor for the front of guernsey, back of guernsey, shorts and training centre.

We are getting short changed.
    Different opinion then . I think Mission have been a great partner.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    How do you know?
    What effort does the club make to identify the income of our members? Even something as a survey would help.

When I moved back from London i brought back my girlfriend who was a senior lawyer, I signed her up for a membership and encouraged her to come along, which she did and enjoyed it. Our household income was in excess of $300k, but only held an 11 game membership and a gold premiership. She went the next year too, but we broke up during the season. She was umming and ahhing about joining the next season, didn't hear from the club and ended up not re-joining, she is now a partner at a major city law firm, making inexcess of $500k and doesn't put money into the club.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    What effort does the club make to identify the income of our members? Even something as a survey would help.

When I moved back from London i brought back my girlfriend who was a senior lawyer, I signed her up for a membership and encouraged her to come along, which she did and enjoyed it. Our household income was in excess of $300k, but only held an 11 game membership and a gold premiership. She went the next year too, but we broke up during the season. She was umming and ahhing about joining the next season, didn't hear from the club and ended up not re-joining, she is now a partner at a major city law firm, making inexcess of $500k and doesn't put money into the club.
    Isnt that a bit invasive asking what people earn, I know I wouldnt like it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Different opinion then . I think Mission have been a great partner.
    Not sure anyone's quibbling over Mission's value to us. It's a significant deal which we were rightfully grateful to secure in spite of the limitations. We've never been a sponsors dream. But if what's been suggested about the scope of the deal is true, then they're getting more bang for their buck...on paper...than any other major club sponsor.

Although given the club's trajectory, in the space of four or five months their investment just became that much less attractive, and with it any leverage we might have to extend the arrangement or lure an an equal or better alternative.
    BORDERLINE FLYING