Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 23 discussion

Collingwood were systematically brutal against a wounded opponent.

Geelong lost at their fortress against a fanatical opposition who implemented one-on-one all over the ground.

West Coke won ugly on the road as a good team does.

St Kilda once again expose North's feeble underbelly. Ziebell's apology to Riewoldt says everything about North's mindset - nstead of offering a hand, he should have barged into him and told him next time he won't be getting up. It was a show of intimidation by a young emerging player/team in reverence to a hardened team of old pros. We are similarly far too nice and genteel in the heat of battle.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 23 discussion

Collingwood were excellent against a wounded opponent.
    Saw an untypical Sydney effort a few weeks back, saw a typical Sydney effort the last two.
    Great Value for money.
    True to form North talk the talk and then procede to get their pants pulled down.
    No decent mid range players. Where was Wells ? Where was Harvey?Their supporter gobbed off all week about beating Stkilda.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody see Peter Faulk's injury? Horrible stuff, got a knee to the face, and i believe he has a broken jaw. Only his second AFL game as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shifty View Post
    Anybody see Peter Faulk's injury? Horrible stuff, got a knee to the face, and i believe he has a broken jaw. Only his second AFL game as well
    Yeah that was horrible, applaud the brave effort though. There is nothing harder than running back like that into an oncoming forward. You know it's gunna hurt but you just have to go. I hope it's a speedy recovery.

From bravery to pathetic little pussies. Anyone see Brent Harvey slap a St. Kilda player in the face tonight? He then had the nerve to whine to an umpire about the rough treatment he was getting? Give me a break Boomer, find a hard ball once in a while! If you want to play soccer go right ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee you have to admire Sydney, speaks volumes of the respect they have for their co-captain & I don't think anyone could begrudge them that win.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Gee you have to admire Sydney, speaks volumes of the respect they have for their co-captain & I don't think anyone could begrudge them that win.
    To beat the Cats at their home ground given the week they all had was just a sensational result.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The Sunday Age describes Zeible's'martial arts ' move on Reiwoldt. SOUNDS COOL! any other details?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    From bravery to pathetic little pussies. Anyone see Brent Harvey slap a St. Kilda player in the face tonight? He then had the nerve to whine to an umpire about the rough treatment he was getting? Give me a break Boomer, find a hard ball once in a while! If you want to play soccer go right ahead.
    The worst performance from a captain I've seen in a long time (excluding 'bruise-free' Brad Green of course). Boomer is deadly in a shootout but goes to water the minute there is any defensive pressure and accountability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    It would be embarrassing to have him as your captain. Not just that incident, but several time he'd bump or wrestle a player, only to scream to the umpire for support the moment that player gives it back. There was one incident late in the game when Norf were getting smashed, Harvey grabbed a Saints player 100m off the play and tried to throw him into the ground, he couldn't do it so dived himself and screamed at the umpire for not giving him a free. Just pathetic.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Blumey, Essendon and Carlton in two weeks!
    Bit like Which arm would you like removed, think The Bombres will get pantsed .
    Watched a bit of the Tiger Crows game which looked like an end of season pressure free feel about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the game tonight, wow Butcher is an impressive young player. His positioning is poor and he can't time his leads very well, but he is brilliant in the air. He has so much upside.

If there's any chance of him wanting to move back to Victoria I'd be all over him.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond a big chance to finish 9th.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be funny
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    That would be funny
    It's funny cos every year they build their hopes up winning meaningless games at the end of the season. Come first game of the next season, those hopes are smashed.