Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2777117118119120121122123124125126127
Results 1,891 to 1,898 of 1898
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Retirements, Trades, Delistings and the Rookie list

Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if we see Zeph playing in a local league in Perth, I spoke with him last year at the Crown Perth he was there with Brad Dick, Nathan Krakouer and one of the Jetta's.
    Nathan is playing with Maddington under Derek Kickett lots of the Indigenous fellas from Perth want to play there Leon Davis is a regular there also.
    Its a different culture in WA, I have strong ties with the Indigenous communities here in WA
    Thanks LD. Let us know how he goes.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt be surprised if we see Zeph playing in a local league in Perth, I spoke with him last year at the Crown Perth he was there with Brad Dick, Nathan Krakouer and one of the Jetta's.
    Nathan is playing with Maddington under Derek Kickett lots of the Indigenous fellas from Perth want to play there Leon Davis is a regular there also.
    Its a different culture in WA, I have strong ties with the Indigenous communities here in WA
    It has been better and worse in Perth than in Melbourne. Certainly back in the 80s and at least early 90s the racist abuse in the WAFL was greater than in Melbourne, at least that's what a number of Indigenous players said was their experience.

I think now though, there are better structures and support there than often here in Melbourne, for the Indigenous players from the North and West of Australia.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

I am an Indigenous Employment Recruiter over here in WA, and the happy go lucky attitude of the indigenous people you just cant help, football or big paying jobs it doesnt matter as family is more important to them.
    I am actually a tassie aboriginal and related to Liam Jones we didnt get taught much about our culture and were raised white so no issues of cultural stuff, but in WA its different all together.
    I could have reported Nathan Krakouer was gonna walk before he did, early October in Bunbury there is a Indigenous Football Carnival all the Noongar, Wongai and Yamtiji footballers play in it even the AFL guys, from that weekend on its party time for the next few weeks, Nathan just kept partying (I am friends with his cousin) plus these guys are like gods in there communities.
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing LD, really enjoyed reading that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I am an Indigenous Employment Recruiter over here in WA, and the happy go lucky attitude of the indigenous people you just cant help, football or big paying jobs it doesnt matter as family is more important to them.
    I am actually a tassie aboriginal and related to Liam Jones we didnt get taught much about our culture and were raised white so no issues of cultural stuff, but in WA its different all together.
    I could have reported Nathan Krakouer was gonna walk before he did, early October in Bunbury there is a Indigenous Football Carnival all the Noongar, Wongai and Yamtiji footballers play in it even the AFL guys, from that weekend on its party time for the next few weeks, Nathan just kept partying (I am friends with his cousin) plus these guys are like gods in there communities.
    Nice reading that Lost Dog. Thanks for your insight on the Indigenous communities.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks LD. interesting to read that type of info

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting stuff LostDog.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries fellas, it will be interesting next year now that the Dockers and Eagles have alligned themselves with WAFL Teams Peel and East Perth, lots of good Indig recruits will scatter about, more than likely Swan Districts
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!