Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd turns nose up at Dogs feet

From theage

Skills, skills, skills. The Dogs have always been known for their skills but this year it's been for all the wrong reasons. They are now the least effective team in the competition by foot, continually turning the ball over. The Dogs have also failed to apply enough pressure on their opposition when they have the ball, only Port Adelaide and Gold Coast are worse. Barry Hall has been brilliant for the Dogs but he will leave a huge void with no obvious replacement. I think the Dogs need to rebuild, not refresh as president David Smorgon said, and a first- and second-round selection for Brian Lake may not be a bad option if he no longer wants to remain at the club. A disappointing year and Leon Cameron looks the man most likely to take charge next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1Wz6bZTdM
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lloyd turns nose up at Dogs feet

Pretty much spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian's future is in his own hands. There's a spot for him if he wants to stay.

The stat on our effectiveness is damning. To only have Port and GC behind us is just unacceptable.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing there most of us haven't been saying all season. A new coach with a stronger defensive mindset will hopefully improve our efforts when we don't have the ball, which in turn should create an environment at training where players will have to execute their skills under pressure which has been where we've been falling down.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    From theage

Skills, skills, skills. The Dogs have always been known for their skills but this year it's been for all the wrong reasons. They are now the least effective team in the competition by foot, continually turning the ball over. The Dogs have also failed to apply enough pressure on their opposition when they have the ball, only Port Adelaide and Gold Coast are worse. Barry Hall has been brilliant for the Dogs but he will leave a huge void with no obvious replacement. I think the Dogs need to rebuild, not refresh as president David Smorgon said, and a first- and second-round selection for Brian Lake may not be a bad option if he no longer wants to remain at the club. A disappointing year and Leon Cameron looks the man most likely to take charge next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1Wz6bZTdM
    Ok, so our skills routinely let us down? Our pressure or lack thereof likewise? We're going to miss Barry Hall? The list needs a thorough overhaul? Lake's a favoured smoky to end up elsewhere? (Bullshit for mine) And Cameron's been annointed by the media as the most likely heir apparent?

Wow. Thanks Matty. I learned lots.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd has a set against the Dogs and likes to have a go at them. Even in commentary he is always looking for negatives.

Simply regurgitating what has been said already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Lloyd has a set against the Dogs and likes to have a go at them. Even in commentary he is always looking for negatives.

Simply regurgitating what has been said already.

one thing not mentioned is lack of speed. this helps maintain pressure on ball carrier.
    lloyd is not a dog hater imo. this is small chunk out of an article with wider context. the piece lists the dmajor issues of each club outside the 8.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Ok, so our skills routinely let us down? Our pressure or lack thereof likewise? We're going to miss Barry Hall? The list needs a thorough overhaul? Lake's a favoured smoky to end up elsewhere? (Bullshit for mine) And Cameron's been annointed by the media as the most likely heir apparent?

Wow. Thanks Matty. I learned lots.
    Love it Rocket. Stick it up 'em!

Post Thanks / Like

Not much to see here ! Move Along
    Rocket Science summed it up.

Post Thanks / Like

No respect for Lloyd as a commentator. As a footballer at his best, yes. As an expert on the game, please.

Poor Matthew struggles to put a coherent sentence together.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact that Lloyd is prepared to actually say something. He might not always get it right but I prefer that to hearing cliche after cliche and not wanting to upset anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

dunno. I quite enjoy Lloyd as a commentator, strangely, as he annoyed the bee-jee-zus out of me as a player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    dunno. I quite enjoy Lloyd as a commentator, strangely, as he annoyed the bee-jee-zus out of me as a player.
    Agreed, I tend to find players fresh out of the game the most insightful, once they have been out of the game for a few years they tend to become fairly generic in their comments.