Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Club Statement on Callan Ward

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

My guess (it's only a guess) is that we could have had this stitched up last year and a good pro-active club would have had it all completed before someone had the chance to get into his ear. It's certainly a missed opportunity for us in my opinion.
    To be fair I don't think his manager is that stupid. Every manager wanted their player to be out of contract in 2010/11/12.

Only way to ensure you get paid overs. Would actually be a very crap manager if he didn't.

Post Thanks / Like

The Ball is now in Wally's court, Ward who?

I hope we win a GF within the next 4 years and we knock GWS out of it leading up to it.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This is the thing. I'm very disappointed in Wards decision and whilst it's understandable I don't think he has made the right decision and the timing of it is far from ideal. You simply can't put a price on the adulation he would have received if he had chosen to stay.

That being said, why did he make that decision and how much of it has the club contributed to that?

My guess (it's only a guess) is that we could have had this stitched up last year and a good pro-active club would have had it all completed before someone had the chance to get into his ear. It's certainly a missed opportunity for us in my opinion.
    If we had the chance to sign him up last year, then knowing what we did re GWS, then it is a ,monumental !!!!!!! up